Public Health Nurse Cover Letter
Public Health Nurses provide health care services to communities and improve care accessibility. An important part of their role is educating people on health issues, as well as referring them to professional services and resources. Key responsibilities of a Public Health Nurse include: identifying risk factors, improving access to services for underserved communities, promoting health care programs, providing direct care and screening services, telling people how to manage their conditions, performing immunizations, and ensuring baby care.
Based on our selection of example cover letters for Public Health Nurses, the most sought-after skills for this job are:
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Health promotion
- Infection control
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with people from various backgrounds
- Perseverance and patience
- A caring personality and bedside manners
- Time management and organization
Similar abilities can be seen in the sample cover letter displayed right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Public Health Nurse Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Moore:
When I learned of your opening for a Public Health Nurse, I was anxious to submit my resume for your review. My nursing experience with various public-facing health programs and clinics—along with my current enrollment in the doctoral program in Public Health at Indiana State University—gives me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your organization in this role.
My 14+ years of experience providing comprehensive nursing care through public health programs while communicating with a variety of community groups and leading nursing support teams has prepared me to excel in this role. My ability to educate the general community about health-related issues and concerns, as well as my outstanding communication and prioritization talents—are certain to render me an immediate asset to your nursing team.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Providing contraceptive, STD, diagnostic, and general nursing care as a Public Health Nurse with the Clinton Women’s Health Clinic in Fort Wayne.
- Overseeing 15 nursing and support staff members affiliated with the Fort Wayne Community Immunization Services program for the past 11 years; assessing immunization statuses, administering vaccines, and performing annual immunization audits for schools in Fort Wayne County.
- Planning, implementing, and evaluating projects and programs to drive participant involvement in health and disease-prevention initiatives; analyzing results to identify areas for improvement and ensure goal achievement.
- Preparing to achieve a PhD in Public Health with an emphasis on Community Health Promotion and Education from Indiana State University; licensed RN in the state of Indiana.
With my previous experience and education in public / community health and program management, complemented by my dedication to providing insightful guidance and support to optimize community members’ overall health, I believe I could exceed your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in further detail would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration.
Tona P. Diaz