Oracle Dba Cover Letter
Oracle Database Administrators (DBA) manage the day-to-day operations for databases that operate on the Oracle Database management system. Work activities include creating Oracle databases, installing o\Oracle software, creating database backups, maintaining database security, implementing database upgrades and tuning database performance.
Most Oracle DBA cover letters showcase the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Expertise in Oracle applications
- Proficiency in Java and Apache
- Project management skills
- Detail orientated
- Analytical skills
- Complex problem solving skills
- Logic and reasoning
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
Below is a sample Oracle DBA cover letter that highlights some of these skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Oracle Dba Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Draper,
I am writing to apply for the position of Oracle DBA. My 9 years of experience as an Oracle DBA for Quest Technologies has made me an expert in virtually every Oracle application, and I think this expertise makes me a great fit for your organization.
My professional experience includes installing and configuring Oracle Real Application Clusters and implementing Oracle ASM, as well as overseeing the day-to-day upkeep of Oracle databases. I think this experience makes me a great fit for Evergreen Data Management.
Here are some of my most recent skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems from the University of Florida
- Diagnosed and fixed Oracle Golden Gate technical issues
- Maintained Oracle RAC
- Implemented RMAN backup and recovery strategies
- Managed database using OEM grid
I think my logic, reasoning and ability to thrive in a collaborative environment are qualities that differentiate me from my peers. If you’re interested in scheduling an interview, then please contact me to schedule an interview at your earliest convenience.
Peter M. Smith