Chemist Cover Letter
Chemists work in laboratories and are employed by private or public organizations. These experts use their knowledge of chemical reactions to produce scientific innovations for different purposes. Their goal is to improve daily life by finding practical applications for chemical compounds and processes. Examples of Chemist duties include: testing company products, improving testing procedures, generating reports, analyzing samples, recording and interpreting data, and adhering to health and safety regulations.
Most cover letter samples for Chemists put emphasis on the following skills and qualifications:
- Chemistry knowledge
- Self-confidence and motivation
- Presentation abilities
- Good numeracy skills
- Computer proficiency
- Teamworking abilities
- Observation spirit and accuracy
Beneath is presented a cover letter example highlighting similar Chemist abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Chemist Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Adams:
I am submitting my resume for the position of Chemist. As a skilled chemist with experience ensuring top-flight quality control while performing various testing and research projects, I am confident that I will make a significant contribution to your company.
My professional experience includes utilizing various testing methods to drive chemical processing and production and ensure the achievement of highly accurate results. With my educational background and my dedication to optimizing laboratory operations, I am in an excellent position to impact performance at Kliever Systems, Inc.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Establishing shift production targets, process controls, and QA compliance initiatives for producer of formulation and product performance solutions in current role as Chemist / Team Leader.
- Achieving a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from Kentucky State College and excelling as an Undergraduate Research Assistant in the Chemistry and Biochemistry departments; earning inclusion into Alpha Chi Sigma.
- Leveraging strong knowledge of diverse operating instruments—including GC, GC/MS, UV-Vis, IR, FTIR, HPLC, AAS, coulometer, polarimeter, fluoremeter, colorimeter, and capillary electrophoresis instruments—to drive testing and obtain accurate results.
- Demonstrating a consistently solid work ethic and sense of personal responsibility throughout my educational and professional tenure.
My keen knowledge of chemistry operations and my ability to perform effective quality control procedures will allow me to help continue and expand the success of your company. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Timothy B. Halloway