Chemical Engineer Cover Letter
A well-crafted cover letter can be a powerful job search tool. Your Chemical Engineer cover letter should be brief and highlight some of your skills, experiences and accomplishments that are most relevant to the job. Check out the Chemical Engineer cover letter sample below for a bit of inspiration.
Also, be sure to check out our extensive Chemical Engineer resume samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Jason Palmer:
In response to your posting for a Chemical Engineer, it is with great excitement that I present to you my enclosed résumé. Throughout my career, I have had the opportunity to design and develop scientific research in Environmental Engineering and Chemical Engineering that have delivered significant impacts to clients worldwide. As an Environmental Engineer with 15+ years of accomplishments in academia and private sector, I possess expert knowledge of environmental compliance and permits, regulatory development, environmental exposure assessment and occupational safety, data analysis, and project management.
A sample of my core areas of expertise include:
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPs), Effluent Limitations Guidelines (ELGs)
- Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA), Process Safety Management
- Emergency Planning & Community Right-To-Know Act (EPCRA) reporting, Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) data
- Georgia’s environmental regulations (especially air, wastewater, stormwater)
- Environmental release & exposure assessment for variety of industrial and commercial operations
- Pollution control & prevention for a variety of industrial and commercial operations
- Occupational exposure assessment & safety for a variety of industrial and commercial operations
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Served as primary researcher and author of 3 Industry Emission Scenario Documents. Documents are used by EPA as primary resource for chemical exposure assessments performed under TSCA. Documents have enhanced the EPA’s ability to provide defensible and consistent assessments. Documents are also being used by the International Organization for Economic Cooperation (OECD) and are published here: http://www.oecd.org/document/46/0,3343,en_2649_34373_2412462_1_1_1_1,00.html
- Increased awareness within SBEAP of opportunities to improve client relationship management, leading to development of Standard Operating Procedures and increasing the quality and consistency of the program’s assistance.
- Presented the GARCI Strategy at the 2009 National Small Business Environmental Assistance Program Conference held in Louisville, Kentucky.
Your company will benefit from my expertise as a dynamic leader with a track record of success in identifying process improvement opportunities, developing innovative solutions, and leveraging scientific technology to optimize profitability and performance. My demonstrated strengths in client relationship management and my broad scientific knowledge have facilitated my sustained success.
I am confident in my ability to make an immediate and long-term contribution to your company and would welcome an opportunity to meet with you to discuss my qualifications and candidacy in further detail.