More Department Manager Cover Letter Examples
Use these Department Manager samples as a guideline, or visit our extensive library of customizable cover letter templates.
Find More Business Operations Cover Letter Examples
Free Department Manager cover letter example
Dear Mr. Fisher:
I am submitting my resume for the position of Department Manager. For the past two years, I’ve served as a successful and award-winning Assistant Department Manager in a high-end retail environment ’a valuable experience that has positioned me to seamlessly transition into a higher-level management position such as the one Cavendish Clothing Emporium is offering.
My extensive experience in sales and customer service gives me the knowledge needed to effectively and thoroughly train sales team members and give them the ongoing support needed for retention. In addition, my degree in Retail Merchandising and my talent motivating team members to exceed sales goals gives me the credibility and proven ability to serve as part of your management team.
Below are some highlights of my related experience and qualifications:
Consistently met and exceeded department sales goals for 36 months before being promoted to Assistant Department Manager
Developed strategic methods to maximize department sales from $200,000 to $500,000 within six months
Managed, scheduled and completed performance reviews for a group of six employees
Developed and held motivational training sessions for commission-based sales team members
Modeled safety and security routines to help new store employees learn loss-prevention techniques
Compiled reports on department budgeting in relation to past, current and future sales figures
I am available at your convenience for an in-depth interview to discuss my qualifications for this position and how I can help advance the goals of Cavendish Clothing Emporium. I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.
Thank you for your consideration.
Include These Department Manager Skills
- Assigns duties to employees and creates work schedules according to employee availability
- Supervises employees engaged in sales, inventory, stocking or customer service duties
- Hires, trains, and evaluates marketing and sales personnel; keeps records of employee time
- Develops sales promotions, including advertising copy and merchandise displays
- Compiles sales and inventory data for budgeting department and management staff
- Resolves customer complaints stemming from dissatisfaction in customer service or products
- Oversees pricing and display of incoming merchandise according to profitability requirements