Laboratory Technician Cover Letter
Laboratory Technicians provide support to scientists by running tests and carrying out routine tasks. Typical responsibilities of a Laboratory Technician include: supporting scientific investigations, preparing samples, operating and maintaining laboratory equipment, updating records, interpreting results, adhering to safety procedures, and expanding their knowledge of technical developments.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Laboratory Technician, the most sought-after skills for the job are:
- Technical skills
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination
- Attention to details and observation spirit
- Knowing how to operate laboratory equipment
- The ability to follow instructions
- Attention to safety
- Good numeracy skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Computer competences
Below is provided a sample cover letter for Laboratory Technician showcasing similar skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Laboratory Technician Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Mendenhall:
Upon review of your posting for a Laboratory Technician, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a skilled technologist with more than nine years of experience conducting chemical and biological testing, performing quality control, participating in research processes, and overseeing laboratory operations, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your organization.
Preparing laboratory samples for various scientific-based experiments—along with calibrating/verifying equipment and ensuring regulatory compliance—comprise my career accomplishments. My comprehensive expertise in specimen collection and examination, as well as my technical aptitude in a variety of testing procedures and equipment, positions me ready to vitally impact laboratory management and performance at your clinic.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Performing the daily functions of a healthy operating laboratory, including staff training, supply orders, data entry, and cross-departmental communication for superior laboratory success.
- Maintaining detailed and thorough documentation on all testing and corresponding results.
- Holding an Associate’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, along with up-to-date licensure in the state of Wisconsin.
With my superb knowledge of laboratory operations and my expertise in performing comprehensive testing and quality control procedures, I am ready to extend my record of success with your organization. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Carol G. Johnston