Airline Pilot Cover Letter
Airline Pilots operate aircraft transporting passengers or cargo on various distances. Airline Pilots usually work in pairs – one is the pilot in command, and the other is the supporting first officer. Typical responsibilities of an Airline Pilot are developing flight plans, supervising the loading and fueling of the aircraft, checking the functioning of safety systems, doing pre-flight checks, following noise regulations, using the public address system to communicate to passengers, and taking action in case of emergency.
Employers select Airline Pilot cover letter examples highlighting the following skills and qualifications:
- Maths and physics knowledge
- Technical skills and knowledge of how the aircraft works
- Teamworking skills
- Effective communication
- Coordination and spatial awareness
- Being able to stay calm under pressure
- Confidence and discipline
Comparable Airline Pilot abilities can be checked in the cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Airline Pilot Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Green:
Upon learning of Blue Wave Airlines’ search for an experienced Airline Pilot, I was immediately eager to submit my resume for your review. With more than 12 years of experience ensuring outstanding passenger experiences as well as adherence to all guidelines and safety regulations, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your team.
With more than 1,920 flying hours as Pilot in Command, I possess a breadth of technical skill and expertise to allow me to make an immediate and positive contribution to Blue Wave Airlines. Backed by superior communication talents as well as my meticulous attention to detail, I excel at maintaining exceptional levels of timeliness, compliance, and passenger service.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Creating flight plans, supervising fueling, double-checking safety systems, interpreting instrument data, and communicating effectively with air traffic controllers and passengers.
- Briefing crewmembers, inspecting aircraft, and crosschecking teams to ensure safe and proper flight conduct.
- Possessing sound judgment and decision-making skills to excel in unexpected and/or emergency situations.
- Maintaining personal certification and pilot currency requirements according to Federal Aviation Regulation part 61; holding a Bachelor’s degree in Aviation.
With my extensive record of piloting success, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional service to your team at Blue Wave Airlines. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Leon T. Lang