Registered Veterinary Technician
Performed total patient assessments; managed intravenous sites/lines; placed peripherally inserted central catheters; obtained central venous pressure readings; placed and operated arterial lines; treated post-operative surgical and trauma wounds; managed tracheostomy tubes, urinary catheters, nasogastric tubes, percutaneous endoscopic gastrotomy tubes, and chest tubes.
- Utilized clinical judgement and efficient triage techniques to manage priorities of care in a high volume setting.
- Performed critical thinking for and provided compassionate care to oncology, cardiology, neurology, ophthalmology, internal medicine, emergency and surgical patients.
- Demonstrated effective interdisciplinary collaboration with a team of medical and health care professionals comprised of doctors (including residents and interns), veterinary technicians, 4th year veterinary students, and veterinary technician students to improve patient outcomes.
- Performed and understood the importance of accurate charting procedures.
- Taught 4th year veterinary students and veterinary technician students the technical skills needed in the clinical setting including proper participation in the code blue experience.
- Instructed others and performed proper administration of oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular and intravenous medications, blood and plasma transfusions.
- Instructed others to both set up and titrate medications delivered via constant rate infusion, along with recognizing and dealing with complications.
- Induced, intubated and monitored patients under anesthesia for both emergent and planned procedures.