Teacher Assistant Cover Letter
Teacher Assistants collaborate with head teachers and help them provide instruction to students. These employees are responsible for students’ both educational and social development; typical duties of a Teacher Assistant include: helping to implement lesson plans, assisting children who need additional support, maintaining props, supervising activities, ensuring classroom control, organizing events, performing clerical duties, updating their job knowledge, and supervising support staff.
A sample cover letter for Teaching Assistant should emphasize the following qualifications:
- Teaching and coaching skills
- Supervisory abilities
- Being able to cope with challenging behavior
- Stamina and resilience
- Experience working with children
- Relationship building
- Strong reading, numeracy, and writing skills
- Computer competences
- Effective communication
Below is presented an example cover letter for Teacher Assistant showcasing comparable skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Teacher Assistant Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Farrell:
As a skilled, patient, and enthusiastic professional with experience serving as a successful elementary school teacher’s assistant, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and organizational talents position me to significantly impact Happy Glen Elementary School.
My teaching assistance experience includes classroom organization, student relationship building, lesson and material preparation, extracurricular activity coordination, playground oversight, and general student supervision. My organization, communication, leadership, and team building skills have facilitated productive and efficient classrooms, leading to teacher satisfaction and superior student experiences.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Leveraging outstanding interpersonal skills along with warm and caring demeanor to build trusting relationships with students from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Coordinating activities and lessons for K-5 elementary children while communicating closely with teachers to identify needs and determine best next steps to efficiently and successfully meet their goals.
- Excelling within multitasking environments while maintaining focus on maximum organization and student enjoyment.
- Preparing to achieve a Bachelor’s degree in Education from Connecticut College.
With my previous experience, I am well prepared to thrive in a teacher’s assistant position at Happy Glen Elementary and exceed your expectations. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.