Professional Teacher Cover Letter
Professional teachers instruct students of varying ages and grades and are typically licensed or certified to serve as teachers. Customary work responsibilities include preparing lesson plans, selecting and developing curricula, assigning and grading homework, and using a variety of teaching tools and methods to engage and motivate students. Outstanding communication, presentation, and organization abilities are a must in this role, as are strong competencies in computer programs and technological learning tools.
Cover letters for this position often include the following:
- Lesson planning
- Curriculum development and modification
- Classroom management
- Student performance assessment
- Relationship building and management
- Behavior monitoring and student discipline
- Parent relations
- Education standards and guidelines
- Teaching best practices
Below you will find a cover letter for a professional teacher with similar skills and credentials noted.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Morgan:
As a licensed and skilled math and science teacher with comprehensive experience developing lesson plans and curriculum for high school students, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for education positions me to significantly impact your school in the role of a professional teacher.
Classroom management, personalized learning programs, and innovative educational techniques are just a few of my areas of expertise. By teaching students in grades 9-12 in a range of math and science subjects, I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills to ignite student engagement and subject-matter interest. Furthermore, my enthusiasm for fostering collaborative and exciting educational environments has successfully encouraged and developed productive, thoughtful, and accomplished students.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Creating individualized plans and programs to facilitate a targeted, personalized approach to education while stimulating students’ enjoyment and appreciation for learning
- Creating daily, weekly, and annual lesson plans to ensure comprehensive subject coverage and comprehension; collecting and assessing student performance data to guide future lesson plans and instruction techniques
- Developing and modifying curriculum as a key member of the Math & Science Integration Team at Wesley Hall High School
- Implementing and utilizing up-to-date technological tools – such as Google Apps, Apple products, and various web resources – to expand and enhance teaching methods
- Communicating effectively with students, parents, and peers and achieving standing as a disciplined and insightful educator who cultivates meaningful connections with learners and their families
- Attaining Single Subject, CSET, and CBEST certifications; licensed teacher in the state of West Virginia
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your school and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Justin K. Shuttleworth