Kindergarten Teacher Cover Letter
Kindergarten Teachers work with children aged 5 and 6 and help them with social and intellectual development. Typical job duties of a Kindergarten Teacher include: developing lesson plans, organizing activities, supervising children on the playground, presenting various concepts, teaching social mannerisms, communicating with parents, teaching the alphabet and the numbers, observing children’s interactions, liaising with the managerial staff, and preparing students for standardized tests.
Essential qualifications seen on a Kindergarten Teacher cover letter sample include:
- Early childhood development skills
- Instruction skills
- Classroom control techniques knowledge
- The ability to motivate students
- Stamina and perseverance
- Computer literacy
- Strong communication skills
- Creativity and artistic teaching skills
Comparable Kindergarten Teacher qualities can be observed in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Kindergarten Teacher Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Olivas:
It is with great interest in your opening for a new Kindergarten Teacher that I submit the attached resume for your review. My background and passion for supporting and leading young children’s early educational experiences position me to significantly impact your school in this role.
Creating stimulating learning environments, incorporating diverse and hands-on materials, and helping children learn to thrive in new educational settings are just a few of the areas in which I excel. With my exceptional interpersonal skills and my engaging and welcoming nature, I consistently strive to include a variety of methodologies, approaches, and techniques to introduce academic-focused topics while ensuring adherence to mandated guidelines.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Instructing kindergarten students in math, art, English, and science in 12-year teaching position with Maine Community Elementary.
- Developing lesson plans, monitoring student performance, preparing report cards, coordinating extracurricular activities and lessons, communicating routinely with parents, and supervising students.
- Differentiating curriculum to address the unique multimodal learning needs of each child.
- Establishing and maintaining a respectful classroom culture through effective behavior management practices and top-notch organization.
- Implementing teaching plans to incorporate Common Core Standards as well as administering district-mandated assessments and testing.
- Holding a Bachelor of Arts in Education from the University of Maine.
With my experience and background, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest level of service at your school and surpass your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Ann R. Novotny