Talent Agent Cover Letter
Talent Agents represent artists and media celebrities, such as actors, singers, musicians, TV presenters, authors, scriptwriters, and so on. These experts help their clients have a successful career in the entertainment industry. Typical job duties of a Talent Agent are arranging auditions, finding new gigs, submitting demos and portfolios, making phone calls, promoting their clients to potential employers, offering advice to clients, attending parties and events, and making travel arrangements.
Those interested in a Talent Agent career should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Having a wide range of industry contacts available
- Effective communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-confidence and motivation
- Stamina and perseverance
- Organizational skills
- Computer competences
- Business acumen
A cover letter sample presenting similar job skills is provided just below for consultation.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Talent Agent Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Hardin:
When I learned of your search for a dynamic, driven, and highly experienced Talent Agent to join your team, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your consideration. With more than 12 years of experience representing and pitching clients for film and advertising opportunities in Los Angeles—as well as my superior communication and networking talents—I am confident in my ability to significantly benefit your company in this position.
My background lies in securing new clients, researching and recommending work opportunities, advising clients on contract negotiations, and maintaining accounts and records. My ability to quickly connect with clients and establish trusting relationships—along with my extensive network of contacts in the entertainment industry—positions me to thrive in this challenging opportunity.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Managed and pitched more than 200 clients—spanning singers, dancers, and actors—to casting directors and established advertising agencies as an Agent with JRI International in Los Angeles; represented top talent such as Melinda Johnson, Garry “Full Stop” Whittaker, and Jerome Bealson.
- Negotiated optimal contracts for clients while nurturing positive relationships with casting directors, producers, music A&R, and theatre company managers.
- Expert knowledge of the entertainment unions: AEA, SAG, AFTRA, AGVA, and the Dancers Alliance.
- Proven aptitude for excelling under pressure, remaining assertive and focused during evolving deadlines and situations while communicating successfully with diverse personalities.
- Broad range of industry connections and contacts; demonstrated record of building up an impressive roster of clients with JRI International.
With my proven experience and my grit, drive, and determination, I could swiftly surpass your expectations as your next Talent Agent. The opportunity to discuss the position in detail would be welcome. Thank you for your consideration.
Zachary A. Mirman