Advanced Solutions Architect (sa)
Supported Sales organization by designing Unified Communications (UC) solutions for Small and Medium Businesses (SMB); provided design and quote for solution proposals; authored Scopes of Work (SoW) for sold proposals; conducted user interviews to define client requirements; provided responses to Requests for Proposals; mentored new employees.
- Produced Unified Communications designs, quotes, and SoWs for Cisco collaboration solutions for approximately 200 opportunities with SMB accounts in 2014, collectively valued at greater than $5M in products and services.
- Led complex projects by coordinating inputs from multiple SAs as needed.
- Contributed to internal process improvements through automated workflow proposals, template improvements, etc.; created and moderated a MS SharePoint team collaboration space.
at this job
Created and supported business applications for electric utility industry in Texas. Delivered custom solutions by gathering user requirements, generating design specifications, and stewarding the software lifecycle, from development to user testing, deployment, and training. Focus on process improvements and information management, using primarily .NET / SharePoint 2010 & 2013.
- Led multi-year, $100k program to design, implement, deploy, support and train employees to use a corporate intranet built on SharePoint 2010
- Solved SharePoint problems and added functionality using tools like SharePoint Designer, MetaVis Architect, Colligo Briefcase, RioLinx Extradium, PowerShell, and Visual Studio
- Proposed, designed, and built infrastructure for Texas RE developers on VMware virtual servers running Visual Studio 2012, leveraging Team Foundation Server for source control
- Proposed, designed, and built web-based tools for request tracking and IT change management
- Discussed business needs and documented requirements with users across all departments
- Prepared and delivered training materials for using new and existing technologies
at this job
Sharepoint Architect / Developer
Installed and configured SharePoint 2010, conducted requirement gathering sessions, analyzed the business and designed the solution design documents.
- Conducted discovery sessions to gather business requirements and created technical and functional documentations for the SharePoint 2010 server.
- Conducted multiple business requirement gathering and discovery workshops to gather the business and functional requirements and design a prototype to evaluate the configuration of the environment.
- Conducted one on one sessions with power users to get detailed requirements to create the Functional Requirements Document for the project.
- Created the Technical Solutions Design Document for the project after conducting a thorough analysis of the documented business requirements.
- Created the Infrastructure Architecture and deployment plan for the creation of the development, quality assurance, and staging and production environments.
- Provided architectural guidance for creation of a load balanced production environment.
at this job
Managed the Architecture of the Data Marts for Datastream Analytics 7i in Oracle and SQL server
- Developed and maintained the Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) of Datastream 7i data
- Designed and developed the Asset Management Data marts to support Datastream Analytics
- Improved the performance of ETL procedures using efficient load strategies and error logging
- Designed and documented the Metadata management for the Analytics Datawarehouse
- Designed and developed advanced Analytics reports using the Cognos Reportnet
- Provided consultation to the Support group on Data modeling and Datawarehouse Architecture
at this job
Principal Information Architect
Currently serve as the information architect for the EOS2 CTD Information Experience division within EMC.
- Improved department efficiency by developing .NET apps to automate time-consuming processes, including the preparation of online help source prior to check-in, and the extraction of usable metrics from customer emails.
- Wrote complex regex scripts to help troubleshoot and fix conversion errors in the DITA XML source.
- Wrote .NET and Selenium code to create an automated test solution for HTML5-based online help systems.
- Designed detailed mock-ups and specifications for HTML5-based user assistance in the next-gen user interface.
- Reviewed XML for structural integrity, and pushed content through review, L10N, and release workflows.
- Successfully migrated content from various source applications to DITA XML, and incorporated the source into the SDL Trisoft content management system.
- Led effort to customize and integrate new collaborative review and authoring software into the existing CMS.
- Created prototypes and demos that illustrate UI/system behaviors, workflows, and interaction requirements.
at this job
Chief architect for Infrastructure Management business unit including solutions for network performance manage, capacity management, data center infrastructure management, software defined networking, and root cause analysis
- Led team of eight architects (direct reports) located in Framingham, MA, Portsmouth, NH and India
- Established architecture review board and required scrum teams to have features reviewed as part of their Definition of Done
- Collaborated with VP of Product Management and VP of Engineering to discuss tradeoffs, plan and execute to deliver solutions
- Led and contributed to architecture discussions and reviews to insure teams made good choices around architecture and design decisions, optimally selected technology to use, identified opportunities for the creation of common services, and adhered to industry best practices, among other things
- Instituted use of architecture backlog to capture and track architecture initiatives and build out of architecture runway
- Responsible for overseeing the integration of some of our Infrastructure Management solutions onto a common infrastructure management platform.
at this job
Lead Solution Architect
Architect on the highly regarded [company name] Smarter Process COC team focused on providing Industry leading solutions on BPM and other technology platforms to major North and Latin American clients in the Banking, Insurance and Retail verticals
- Provided Architectural leadership and strategic direction to various large clients implementing enterprise BPM, ODM and System Integration solutions
- Developed architecture standards, created supporting toolsets, provided consulting services, and matured the architecture practice via continuous process improvement
- Direct involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Technology.
- Mentored internal and partner teams and guided them on best practices in architecture and design according to [company name]s Smarter process methodology
- Performed technology assessments and reviews for major clients and partners in order to score maturity, measure performance and recommend improvements
- Hands-on leadership in prototyping, POC and discovery efforts- in order to demonstrate capabilities and aid sales efforts
at this job
Managed the design, development and implementation of corporate-wide projects supporting News Corporation, The Wall Street Journal, The Wall Street Journal Online, Barron's, NewsWires, Factiva, MarketWatch, SmartMoney, New York Post, and more.
- Led the total re-design of corporate Email Marketing platform while taking advantage of new technology allowing for better deliverability, reporting, email analysis, and campaign management.
- Managed a $1 million corporate email project resulting in $100k monthly company savings while managing relations with executive, business, and technical personnel for the design, implementation, testing, documentation, and deployment project phases. Managed business partner relationships and on-site developers.
- Launched the Dow Jones http://www.dowjones.com corporate web site redesign including the management of third-party vendors and support staff, the coordination of ongoing service level agreement (SLA), development, administration and maintenance, and the mentoring of junior developers during the development of various key web site components resulting in a new corporate look and efficiencies.
- Architected solutions for $10 million Dow Jones corporate Intranet web site and managed daily tasks and schedules for team of technical staff, consultants, and outsourced partners while developing and managing business relationships and strategic and tactical roadmaps with corporate business owners. The new site provided employees with information and efficiencies for performing daily tasks.
- Developed Single-Sign-On solution for corporate applications and systems.
- Designed corporate web-hosting platform to consolidate disparate company wide web sites into a single supported infrastructure.
at this job
Engaged as SME & Project Lead of Oracle Golden Gate replication project within Citi referential data group (ISG) and helped deploy high volume multi-terabyte transactions with near-zero lag & auditable data quality. Provided simplified replication architecture & help build in-house monitoring tools & analytical framework to measure critical KPI's of data replication.
- Spearheaded App DBA/Development teams - Architecting & Deploying a high volume (~2-3TB/day) Golden Gate data replication project. Reduced cost by eliminating projected 10gigE Network & Storage upgrades, Oracle ACFS etc., with simplified Hub & Spoke topology.
- Unique data integration effort - replicating data in near real time of multi-terabyte volumes and maintaining consistency & data integrity.
- Led in-house Development efforts of replication Monitoring/Reporting Tools - Saving Millions ($3M) vs. off-the-shelf software (COTS).
- Defined KPI's (lags vs loads), Data Model/Framework, Collectors and Analytical Dashboard (Qlikview) for replication infrastructure.
- Partnered with Executive and SMT providing innovative, zero data loss blueprints to DB DR Initiatives to meet regulatory compliances.
- Drive Concept to Design of several DB DR options, working along with Vendors, Engineering, Applications and Operations (CTI) teams.
- Architected & provided guidance on Oracle 12c multitenant database upgrades. Documented migration impacts of non-CDB to PDB on applications due to deprecated features in 12c.
- Thorough experience (15+ years) of Oracle OEM, ASM , RAC , One Node RAC, Grid Provisioning etc. of all Oracle Technologies from Oracle 7 OPS to Oracle 12c multitenant (CDB, PDB) and Flex Clusters.
at this job
Solution Architect / Project Manager
Formed [company name]. A technology outsourcing firm performing systems integration and software development. Maintain multiple clients in different industries supporting variety of platforms including: (MES) Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), (PSAP)public safety telecommunications meta data collection and statistical analysis software, ERP/CRM.
- Lead projects and designed Project Technical Design documents.
- Provided technical direction required to resolve complex issues to ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Directed and managed all technical phases of the projects from initiation through project closing.
- Communicated with all levels of an organization and their technical teams to identify problems, and perform root cause analysis.
- Work with a variety of teams and clients, mentoring junior resources, and effectively handling multiple tasks/deadlines.
at this job
Upload Your Resume for a Free Critique
- Get personalized feedback on improving your resume to land more interviews.
- See how you resume performs in automated scanners most employers use.
- Delivered in 48 hours