Wrote scopes of work, prepared government cost estimates, and conducted negotiations with contractors to deliver over $2 million in contractor land use and planning studies while independently performing land use planning analyses on a multidisciplinary team that created master plans, business case analyses, transportation plans, and capital improvement programs.
- Spearheaded an in-house planning study using surveys and intergovernmental coordination to bring Capital Bikeshare access to an 18,000-employee military installation
- Advocated successfully to senior military leadership to open waterfront pedestrian access to the public to improve community connectivity and enhance employee transportation options
- Inventoried and evaluated land use constraints, including cultural and natural resources and ammunition storage areas, ensuring the safety and proper siting of facilities
at this job
- Track products of the Planning process: (Statewide) Transportation Improvement Pro- grams, Unified Planning Work Programs, Long Range Transportation Plans
- Provide guidance to states and other grantees relative to the preparation of application submission materials and ensure that FTA review comments and concerns are addressed
- Serve as liaison to Regional FTA offices to provide guidance, oversight, and expertise in the administration of the planning process, including certification reviews of MPOs
- Co-lead Quarterly Planning Webinar, delivered FTA-wide, including senior management
- Review applications, plan and develop workshops and peer exchanges jointly with FHWA
at this job
Hazard Mitigation Community Planner / Insurance Specialist (reservist)
- Proficient on Federal Regulations associated with the Flood Insurance Program, accurately addressed questions from Policyholder, Insurance Agents, and General Callers.
- Skilled in NFIP Flood Insurance Manual, regulations, underwriting, ratings, mapping, surcharges, premiums, elevation certificates, cancellations procedures and requirements.
- Skilled in the coverage provisions, limitations, and interpretation of the NFIP Policy Forms.
- Assisted uninsured callers with information on local NFIP Certified agents and advised on methods to lower policies premiums (higher deductibles, crawlspace venting, elevation certificates, others).
- Aided policyholders and general public on the proper procedures to request Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) by developing National Flood Hazard Layer Maps, Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMettes) and
- Guidance on Increased Cost of Compliance (ICC) requirements, mitigation methods, options and procedures to file claims and prevent future losses on properties located in SFHA.
at this job
Upload Your Resume for a Free Critique
- Get personalized feedback on improving your resume to land more interviews.
- See how you resume performs in automated scanners most employers use.
- Delivered in 48 hours