Daycare Teacher Cover Letter
Daycare teachers teach and take care of preschool-aged children. Common work activities include creating lesson plans to teach students colors, shapes and counting, helping prepare and administer student snacks, facilitating a safe environment for students to develop social skills, lead learning-focused play activities and evaluating student progress and communicating said progress to parents.
Below is a list of the skills and qualifications typically found on a Daycare Teacher cover letter.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development or child care experience
- A love for children
- Creative thinking skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Advanced knowledge of childhood development
- Interpersonal skills
- Social perceptiveness
- Written and verbal communication skills
- A happy and positive demeanor
The following is a sample Daycare Teacher cover letter that highlights these skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Daycare Teacher Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Sanderson,
Upon learning of your need for a Daycare Teacher, I have been inspired to submit my resume for review. As a Daycare Teacher with one year of experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development, I think I have the qualities necessary to be a great addition to your school.
My professional experience includes creating lesson plans filled with play-based activities and then teaching these lessons on a daily basis. I am eager to get more experience under my belt and believe Crestwick Daycare Academy is the place for me to grow my career.
The following is a list of my most important accomplishments.
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Development from SUNY Oneonta
- Created and performed original song to help students learn colors and shapes
- Created and facilitated a game to help students learn how to count
- Presented parents with daily progress reports on their child’s progress and built strong relationships with parents through consistent rapport
Although I may not have as much experience as other candidates, I believe my enthusiasm and love for children make me a great candidate.