Youth Program Coordinator Cover Letter
Youth Program Coordinators are responsible for organizing and evaluating programs for young people. Oftentimes, these professionals work with at-risk young people and are found in schools and youth centers. Common job duties for a Youth Program Coordinator are identifying young people issues, developing and implementing programs, attracting new participants to programs, promoting activities, solving any issues that may arise, coordinating staff, and providing leadership.
A well-written cover letter example for Youth Program Coordinator focuses on skills such as:
- An interest in young people issues
- A friendly personality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-confidence and motivation
- Problem-solving orientation and resourcefulness
- Computer competences
- Attention to details
Similar job assets can be seen in the Youth Program Coordinator cover letter sample displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Youth Program Coordinator Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Padgett:
When I learned of your search for a new Youth Program Coordinator to join your organization, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. If you are looking for a self-motivated, personable, and dedicated professional with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to optimizing the experiences of young people through dynamic program coordination and leadership, I am confident that you will find my skills and qualifications to be a strong match with your needs.
My background includes working directly with youths in program development and leadership roles with the Columbus Teen Center. My skill set gained throughout this experience has afforded me the opportunity to acquire valuable knowledge of social service programs, child and family support, and day-to-day operational coordination. My communication strengths, as well as my ability to connect with youths and establish trusting relationships, position me to thrive in this challenging role.
I invite you to consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Developing and implementing a highly effective teen pregnancy prevention program, working toward and achieving the community goal of reducing birth rates for 15-17 year olds in Columbus by 32% by 2016.
- Facilitating after- and during-school interactive sessions as well as monthly parent roundtable discussions to enhance sex education efforts, encourage personal responsibility, and spur communications pertaining to sexuality.
- Liaising between parents, teachers, counselors, and other community/health service providers to support program participants and guide them to appropriate and available resources.
- Recruiting, training, and supervising youth program staff, including AmeriCorps volunteers, interns, and VISTA members.
- Promoting community and parental involvement through special projects and events.
- Documenting and reporting on program results and data collected.
- Coordinating various administrative tasks pertaining to areas such as fundraising, records management, logistical coordination, marketing, and correspondence.
- Gaining a reputation among peers and youth for outstanding interpersonal skills and overall enthusiasm.
- Demonstrating outstanding leadership and organization skills as well as the ability to motivate and lead goal-focused teams.
- Earning a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from the University of Ohio.
With my previous experience and education, complemented by my dedication to supporting and guiding youths from all walks of life, I believe I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss this opportunity further would be very appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration.
Mary D. Combs