Writing Teacher Cover Letter
Writing Teachers instruct students of varying ages and capabilities in writing techniques, formats, structures, and coherency. They can specialize in a range of writing styles, including essays, creative writing, poetry, journalism, or technical writing. Responsibilities performed in this position include lesson planning, assigning writing samples, grading results, and making individualized recommendations for students to improve their writing abilities.
Successful cover letters for Writing Teachers often include mention of the following skills and areas of strength:
- Course and materials preparation
- Curriculum development
- Assignment grading and feedback
- Reading fluency/comprehension
- Composition and grammar excellence
- Critical thinking and communication
- Student relationship building
Please find below a sample cover letter incorporating comparable abilities and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Writing Teacher Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Cordero:
As an accomplished and student-centric teacher with nine years of experience instructing high school students in written communications and composition, I am well positioned to leverage my background and skills to excel as Jackson High School’s next Writing Teacher.
My motivation to teach writing comes from my inherent appreciation for the craft of writing and composition as an essential skill for success in both the academic and professional spheres. I am dedicated to promoting literacy through reading comprehension, paired reading and writing, essays and short story composition, and a whole language approach. With complementary expertise in new technological tools and programs designed to engage and motivate learners, I am enthusiastic about using my professional experience and abilities to educate students and develop skillful and thoughtful writers.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Excelling as a Writing Teacher at Montgomery High School for the past nine years; developing lesson plans, assigning writing topics, providing detailed feedback, and making individualized recommendations to students to enhance their writing skills.
- Leading class lectures and presentations on various compositional techniques, and introducing reading assignments on a wide range of writing styles, subjects, and formats to broaden students’ exposure.
- Maintaining a keen focus on driving improvements in students’ writing, critical thinking, and overall communications.
- Utilizing expertise in technologies such as iPads, Smart Boards, Write About, and Formative to invigorate and fortify student experiences.
- Interacting effectively with individuals across a wide array of backgrounds and cultures; demonstrating outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
With my honed ability to develop and evolve students as writers, combined with my superior organization and leadership abilities, I am prepared to excel in providing excellent writing instruction at your school. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Sharon E. Hafer