Wedding Planner Cover Letter
Wedding Planners provide assistance to couples with the multiple aspects of organizing a wedding. This job doesn’t require formal education, but oftentimes people working in the industry are trained in hospitality or event management. Examples of Wedding Planner duties include: discussing requirements with couples, proposing themes and creative ideas, informing couples on wedding customs, negotiating with suppliers, making sure wedding costs stay within budget, providing assistance on the day of the wedding, doing paperwork, maintaining records, and checking if all details are in place.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters for Wedding Planner, essential job requirements are:
- Event management expertise
- Organization and planning
- Meticulous attention to details
- Stamina and perseverance
- Effective communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and networking
- Computer competences
- Being able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of wedding customs
Beneath is displayed an example cover letter for Wedding Planner highlighting comparable skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Wedding Planner Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Wedding Planner, check out our more complete Wedding Planner Job Description.
Dear Ms. Hall:
Upon learning of your search for a personable and experienced Wedding Planner, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As an organized professional with excellent experience assisting brides and grooms in orchestrating all aspects of both simple and more sophisticated weddings, I am confident that I would vastly exceed your expectations for this role.
Planning a wedding can present an often daunting responsibility—overwhelming the engaged couple, introducing high levels of stress, and detracting from what should be one of the happiest times in their lives. Enlisting the help of a wedding planner enables the bride and groom to enjoy the wedding of their dreams while delegating the tasks of research, negotiation, and overall coordination to a professional. My background includes more than nine years of experience planning, coordinating, and successfully executing more than 70 weddings ranging from simple, more intimate affairs with close friends and family to large-scale events encompassing multiple sites and hundreds of guests.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Providing overarching planning and support throughout the entire wedding coordination process—including flowers, location, musicians, catering, and dress / tuxedo selection—while adhering to each couple’s budgetary guidelines.
- Cultivating a deep, extensive network of relationships with businesses and individuals who provide wedding-related products and services with a keen eye on maintaining and furthering relationships with the “best of the best” in the industry.
- Leveraging outstanding networking and relationship-building talents to negotiate strategic and optimal pricing / contracts with caterers, musicians, photographers, florists, and facilities.
- Discussing timelines and budgets on an ongoing basis with the bride and groom, delivering regular updates and ensuring that expectations and requirements are met.
- Continually educating myself on the latest trends and fashions in the wedding industry.
- Demonstrating exceptional interpersonal, communication, organization, and leadership abilities.
With my proven record of planning seamless and successful weddings for fully satisfied clients, I am positioned to absorb the stress of wedding planning for you and significantly enhance one of the most important days of your clients’ lives.
I look forward to discussing your needs and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Marla B. Peterson