Volunteer Cover Letter
Volunteers are found in a variety of nonprofit organizations performing unremunerated work. They have various skill levels and perform tasks in order to support a cause or give back to the community. Volunteer duties vary depending on organization and may include: undergoing training, complete work as assigned, collaborating with other departments, and giving feedback during evaluations.
Based on our collection of cover letter examples, Volunteers should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Punctuality and reliability
- A non-judgmental approach
- Responsibility and accepting constructive criticism
- Teamworking skills
- Being able to work without supervision
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Stamina and resilience
Similar Volunteer skills can be observed in the cover letter example provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Volunteer Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Fox:
As an engaged, self-motivated, and collaborative individual with superior interpersonal and organization skills, I am eager to explore volunteer opportunities with Mud Bay Immigrant Welfare. With my dynamic experience in community relationship building and program coordination, I can bring a wealth of knowledge and skills that will benefit your organization.
I am ready to meet any of your program’s needs and requirements, from helping to create and implement organizational strategies, to recruiting new members, to facilitating program education and advocacy. My dedication to advancing impactful organizational causes—along with my strong leadership, communication, and planning capabilities—position me to thrive in this role.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Excelling in various volunteer capacities for numerous organizations, including the Los Angeles Humane Society, Amnesty International, Habitat for Humanity, and the 2014 Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Walk.
- Serving as Volunteer Coordinator for Heal the Bay; recruiting USC students to participate in county-wide beach clean-up events in Los Angeles.
- Demonstrating consistently exceptional time management, project coordination, and team leadership abilities.
- Previous career tenure in positions focused on global human rights advocacy; degree in International Relations from USC.
With my experience and enthusiasm, backed by excellent coordination and collaboration talents, I can make immediately valuable contributions to your group. The opportunity to discuss volunteer possibilities in further detail would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration.