Visual Designer Cover Letter
Visual Designers work in varying capacities to conceptualize, create and produce dynamic and relevant visual content to drive goal achievement. Typical responsibilities include identifying design objectives, determining brand/design guidelines, creating prototypes, and interacting effectively with both clients and fellow team members. Outstanding technical skills, with proficiency in a range of design software programs, is required for this position.
The following are some skills often highlighted in Visual Designer cover letters:
- Visual/graphic design
- User interface/experience
- Marketing and promotional messaging
- Web graphics/logos/advertisements
- Proposal completion and submission
- Project lifecycle management
- Team building and collaboration
- Client service
Below, find an example of a cover letter for a Visual Designer with comparable qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Visual Designer Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Visual Designer, check out our more complete Visual Designer Job Description.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Bandy:
Conceptual innovation, strong technical proficiency and client service excellence are all essential components to success in visual/graphic design. As a creative professional with 11+ years of experience developing and executing successful, visionary visual design projects, I am positioned to make a significant impact on your organization as your next Visual Designer.
My background lies in designing and producing targeted, creative images that communicate the appropriate messages as requested by clients. With expertise in marketing and promotional strategies, project lifecycle management and various design software programs – along with my ability to collaborate effectively with vendors and peers – I am confident that my talents and abilities will significantly benefit Peak, Inc.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Spearheading the production of 467 distinct projects as a Visual Designer with Silver Fleetwings, creating more than 1,000 unique design items including graphics, logos, templates, and websites.
- Designing pixel-perfect visual designs for interface elements in accordance with brand guidelines; producing storyboards, wireframes, and visual mockups into prototypes.
- Earning an award for “Visual Designer of the Year” at Silver Fleetwings in 2015 for performance excellence and creative ingenuity.
- Expertise in comprehensive visual design, copy techniques, and campaign execution; demonstrating an unwavering commitment to balancing brand coherence and consistency with fresh and original ideas.
- Proficient in a broad range of software tools and systems; utilizing technical proficiency to repair, update, maintain, and train users on diverse programs and platforms.
With my keen ability to evolve conceptual campaigns and visual design projects, combined with my in-depth experience in team coordination and collaboration, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding design service to your company. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in more detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Ruby G. Trotter