Veterinary Technician Cover Letter
Veterinary Technicians provide assistance to veterinarians in animal hospitals and clinics. Based on our collection of resumes for Veterinary Technician, essential responsibilities for this role are providing food and clean water, changing bedding, disinfecting cages and treatment areas, sterilizing equipment, monitoring vital signs, administering medication, restraining patients for treatments and tests, performing basic lab tests, reporting to pet owners, and completing other tasks as assigned by veterinarians.
A successful cover letter for Veterinary Technician should mention the following qualifications:
- Being able to care for animals
- Medical teamwork
- Attention to details and observation spirit
- Organization and planning
- Reliability and respect for confidentiality
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
- Computer competences
- Physical fitness and the ability to restrain animals
The cover letter example displayed below mentions comparable Veterinary Technician skills and experience.
For more information on what it takes to be a Veterinary Technician, check out our more complete Veterinary Technician Job Description.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Veterinary Technician Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Dr. Johnson:
It is with great interest and enthusiasm that I am sending the enclosed resume to your clinic to serve as my application for the Veterinary Technician position you have available. With my strong experience in animal health care coupled with my excellent interpersonal and clinical skills, I am certain to become an immediate asset to your technician team.
As a recent graduate earning my Associate’s Degree in Veterinary Technology, I am eager to apply my acquired skills and knowledge towards this challenging position. With hands-on practicum experience providing patient care in animal care facilities—complemented by my solid foundation in a range of subjects such as animal physiology and nutrition—my additional strengths in team collaboration, communication, and record keeping position me to thrive in this field.
Please consider the following qualifications I have to offer:
- Demonstrating a commitment to pursuing a career within the veterinary sector, evidenced by enthusiastic project participation and a strong academic record.
- Excelling in internship roles at various veterinary clinics in the St. Louis area, assisting veterinarians in checking patient vitals, cleaning and wrapping wounds, administering treatments, and sanitizing working areas.
- Communicating empathically and professionally with clients during stressful and highly emotional situations.
- Possessing superior time management, interpersonal, and organization skills as well as an on-going love of animals.
With my previous academic and professional experience, as well as my dedication to achieving success, I am confident that I could quick exceed your expectations for this role and make a positive impact on your clinic.
I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Lucy S. Carrillo