Veterinarian Cover Letter
Veterinarians examine, diagnose, and treat animals in hospitals and clinics. There are multiple types of veterinarian, depending on their activity: companion animal veterinarians, food animal veterinarians, equine veterinarians, food safety veterinarians, and research veterinarians. Job responsibilities include the following: examining animals, diagnosing medical conditions, treating wounds, vaccinating against diseases, using medical equipment, prescribing medication, and performing surgery.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters for Veterinarians, important qualities for this job are:
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Compassion and a caring personality
- Customer service skills to interact efficiently with pet owners
- Stamina and resilience
- Problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy
Those interested in a Veterinarian position can check relevant skills and qualifications in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Veterinarian Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Johnson:
When I learned of your search for a new Veterinarian, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a licensed veterinarian with more than 12 years of excellent leadership experience in animal healthcare, I am confident in my ability to make a significant contribution to your clinic in this role.
My expertise lies in conducting physical exams, performing surgical procedures, and recommending preventive services for domestic animals while concurrently ensuring compassionate education and support for pet owners. Furthermore, my additional strengths in team collaboration, communication, and general administrative tasks position me to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my background include:
- Seeing up to 32 patients a day while excelling in the diagnosis and treatment of numerous conditions of small animals, including acute injuries and diseases, chronic conditions, and preventative care.
- Performing a wide range of laboratory and surgical procedures, such as spay/neuters, mass removals, dental radiography and extractions, FNAs, BG curves, and blood/urine/fecal tests.
- Connecting quickly and successfully with pet owners, clearly explaining complex medical terms and conditions while educating them on proper treatments and follow-up plans.
- Performing end-of-life care and euthanasia when necessary while comforting pet owners throughout emotionally difficult circumstances.
- Leading office and technician staff to ensure outstanding clinic efficiency and service levels.
- Holding a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from Missoula State University.
With my proven skill set and excellent experience, coupled with my dedication to ensuring the highest level of animal care, I am sure that I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Kristina J. Hammond