Vet Assistant Cover Letter
Veterinary Assistants help technicians treat injured and ill animals in hospitals and clinics. This role implies ensuring a safe and sanitary environment for animals and medical staff. Typical duties of a Veterinary Assistant include feeding and walking animals, replacing water and bedding, cleaning cages, disinfecting working areas, sterilizing equipment, administering medication to patients, restraining patients to collect samples for tests, and maintaining patient records.
A well-written Veterinary Assistant cover letter focuses on the following skills and aptitudes:
- Animal care knowledge
- Being able to restrain animals
- A love for animals and a caring personality
- Customer service skills
- Effective communication
- Medical teamwork
- Computer literacy
- Stamina and resilience
- Attention to details
Veterinary Assistant job candidates can check relevant qualifications in the cover letter example displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Vet Assistant Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Dr. Hill:
When I learned of your search for a new Vet Assistant, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. With experience in animal healthcare and veterinarian support, I am confident in my ability to make a significant contribution to your clinic in this role.
My background includes excellent experience in caring for animals in learning-intensive support positions while concurrently pursuing my Associate’s Degree in Veterinary Technology. With hands-on experience in various practicum roles, my additional strengths in team collaboration, communication, and general administrative assistance position me to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my background include:
- Excelling in real-world internship-based positions at multiple veterinary clinics, supporting veterinarians in diverse responsibilities including animal restraint / monitoring, medication and vaccine administration, first aid, and appointment setting.
- Connecting quickly and successfully with pet owners, clearly explaining complex medical terms and conditions while educating them on proper treatments and follow-up plans.
- Assisting in various office tasks such as answering phones, scheduling appointments, ordering inventory and supplies, and maintaining records.
- Demonstrating superior time management, interpersonal, and organization skills as well as an on-going love of animals.
With my excellent experience and education, coupled with my dedication to ensuring the highest level of animal care, I am sure that I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Virginia A. Benson