Utility Worker Cover Letter
Utility Workers ensure the optimal functioning and performance of various utility systems and facilities, demonstrating strong abilities in electrical and plumbing systems, repair and maintenance functions and overall building/premises cleaning. Common work tasks include replacing defective parts, repairing malfunctioning equipment, maintaining grounds and managing buildings’ internal facilities. A solid work ethic, physical stamina and a collaborative attitude are all assets in this role.
The following types of abilities and skills are often seen mentioned in successful cover letters for Utility Workers:
- Utility system management, repair, and maintenance
- Equipment/vehicle/tool usage
- Grounds/lawn care
- Restroom facility maintenance/upgrades
- Window washing
- Facility cleaning/maintenance
- Building management/maintenance
Please find a sample cover letter for a Utility Worker below, with relevant qualifications noted.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Utility Worker Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Utility Worker , check out our more complete Utility Worker Job Description.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Coles:
Upon learning of your posting for a Utility Worker, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your review. As a dedicated and self-motivated professional with experience maintaining the functionality and performance of various utility systems while ensuring comprehensive user services and support, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your company’s objectives.
My background includes overseeing all aspects of utility and facility systems, such as plumbing and electrical system management, facility cleaning and grounds maintenance. From performing day-to-day operational responsibilities to replacing system parts and equipment, I excel at assessing user needs, implementing system improvements, and operating various vehicles and equipment to get the job done efficiently and expeditiously.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Working with mechanical and facility maintenance staff as a Utility Worker with Solar Pages Systems, helping to repair and maintain the building’s plumbing and electrical systems and replacing worn/defective parts to ensure optimal system functioning.
- Handling tasks such as maintaining floor surfaces, updating restroom facilities, washing windows, cutting and trimming the lawn surrounding the building and maintaining inventories.
- Skillfully operating various machinery such as mowers, lifts, portable generators, pressure washers, and weed trimmers.
- Excelling at balancing multiple competing tasks while providing top-level organization and communication skills and improving operational/utility systems.
My skills in utility and building management have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
David P. Manuel