University Professor Cover Letter
University Professors teach students in higher-education establishments in a specialized area of focus. Typical work activities performed in this role include curriculum development, lecture preparation, grading papers, and evaluating student performances. This role also requires ongoing publication in academic journals or books. Strong presentation and communication skills are essential to success in this role.
Our collection of cover letters for University Professors indicates that the following skills and areas of expertise are useful to mention:
- Lesson and course planning
- Curriculum and syllabi development
- Assignments and grading
- Classroom discussions and lectures
- Student advising and support
- Student evaluation and feedback
- Research and publishing
- Administrator and staff relationships
Below, find a sample cover letter with comparable abilities and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive University Professor Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Dr. Preston:
Upon consideration of your posting for a Professor of Political Science, I felt compelled to submit my credentials for your review. As an accomplished and highly educated instructor with more than 18 years of experience instructing college-level students in international political systems and histories, I am confident in my ability to significantly contribute to the success of Riverton University’s objectives.
My teaching experience lies in instructing students in a variety of political science topics—including International Relations, Political Geography, Comparative Politics, and American Government—while developing and implementing new courses and seminars as a Professor with Kalamazoo College for the past 18 years. Additionally, I have coached and advised students to successfully identify and pursue both educational and professional opportunities. With my ongoing professional achievements, combined with my communication and leadership talents, I excel at motivating and inspiring students of all levels.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Creating and updating curriculum, syllabi, and class outlines while continually serving as a communicative and accessible student advisor; incorporating subject expertise into highly informative and energizing discussions and lectures while supplementing in-class experiences with field trips, study abroad trips, and seminars.
- Organizing and leading special on-campus events focused on current political events and including panels comprising foreign officials and state representatives.
- Coaching Model UN members on geography, global economic integration, and research methodologies.
- Developing partnerships and collaborative engagements with community organizations, non-profit groups, and local institutions to facilitate greater student exposure to political science issues and global topics.
- Doctorate degree in political science attained from the University of Michigan.
With my proven track record of exceptional teaching accomplishments, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
James J. Shank