Unit Clerk Cover Letter
Unit Clerks are employed by healthcare facilities and are responsible for various clerical duties. Specific work duties of a Unit Clerk include collaborating with the medical staff, ordering supplies, greeting patients, answering to their inquiries, taking phone calls, managing patient paperwork, preparing patient charts, updating records, creating schedules, making appointments, following hospital procedures and policies, maintaining patient information confidentiality, implementing infection-control protocols, and reporting to managers.
A well-written cover letter sample for Unit Clerk should mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Time management
- Effective communication
- Being able to work under pressure
- Customer service orientation
- Telephone etiquette
- Quality focus
An example of an eligible cover letter for Unit Clerk showcasing relevant aptitudes and experience is provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Unit Clerk Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Lantigua:
Upon learning of your posting for a Unit Clerk, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized and efficient professional with a variety of administrative support experience in health care facilities coupled with exceptional interpersonal abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Marina Hospital’s goals and objectives in this role.
My background includes coordinating diverse administrative and clerical tasks to facilitate the achievement of facility goals and ensure efficiency and accuracy. From greeting patients and compiling data to updating records and managing inventories, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with peers and physicians, and improving overall productivity and patient support.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing administrative activities—including phone support, paging, workflow coordination, patient paperwork, admissions and discharges, and floor stock maintenance—while adhering to internal procedures and HIPPA regulations.
- Interfaced with various hospital departments such as housekeeping, dining, transportation, and maintenance to ensure first-rate levels of cleanliness and compliance.
- Demonstrating a steadfast commitment to providing outstanding support utilizing my superior time management, customer service, and basic IT abilities.
- Earning recognition as a self-start able to follow instructions and make sound decisions with little to no supervision.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization, prioritization, and communication skills.
My skills in general administration and organization, along with my dynamic collaborative abilities and my positive attitude and work ethic, position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to Marina Hospital. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Gwendolyn M. Branch