Ultrasound Tech Cover Letter
Ultrasound techs use sonographic scanners to obtain internal images of patients for physicians’ knowledge and review. Typical work activities performed in this position include preparing patients for ultrasounds, explaining procedures to patients, setting up and adjusting sonographic equipment, and calming worried or anxious patients. A strong understanding of internal bodily systems and organs, as well as expertise in equipment usage and ultrasound technology, are required.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Ultrasound testing and imaging
- Diagnostic interpretation and review
- Patient care, service, and support
- Patient preparation and education
- Regulatory compliance
- Quality control and assurance
- Facility and equipment care and maintenance
- Team collaboration and leadership
- Intern/student training and coaching
Please find a sample cover letter for an ultrasound tech below highlighting comparable skills and experience.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. King:
When I learned of your search for an experienced ultrasound tech to join your team at Bayside Imaging, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an enthusiastic and trained professional with more than 10 years of experience in ultrasound technology, I will make a significant impact as a member of your team.
My background includes experience performing comprehensive diagnostic testing while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail. With solid team collaboration and communication skills, along with dedication to providing optimal patient care and comfortable experiences, I am positioned to excel in this role at Bayside Imaging.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Providing ultrasonic examinations and imaging for abdominal, pelvic, breast, thyroid, testicular, and OB/GYN patients, assisting physicians with diagnoses as appropriate
- Specializing in OB/GYN ultrasounds; performing level 1, 2, and 3 trimester scans, aiding with amniocentesis procedures, observing developing fetuses, and reporting findings to physicians
- Preparing patients for exams, explaining procedures to patients, responding to questions, and putting anxious patients at ease through my exceptional interpersonal abilities
- Honing proficiency in equipment usage and maintenance, quality control, and regulatory compliance
- Training and mentoring interns, students, and new hires in ultrasound techniques and equipment
- Demonstrating superior bedside manners, meticulous attention to detail, and outstanding communication skills
With my expertise in ultrasound imaging and technology, along with my commitment to superior patient-focused care, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you. I look forward to discussing this position with you in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Sharon W. Ludlow