UI UX Designer Cover Letter
UI UX designers fulfill two different roles and are in charge of both determining how a computer system product looks and how it is laid out and used. Essential duties for UI UX designers include discussing requirements with clients, planning user experiences, collaborating with other team members, updating knowledge of technology trends, and listening to client feedback.
A cover letter for a UI UX designer should highlight the following skills:
- Drawing and conceptualization
- Extensive understanding of computer software
- Communication skills
- Team collaboration
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinking
An example cover letter for a UI UX designer displaying skills and experiences relevant to the position appears below.
Dear Ms. McGrath:
I am writing to submit my resume to be considered for the open position of UI UX designer at T.C. Miles Design. With extensive experience in designing and implementing web-based user interfaces, I am well suited to this position.
For over six years I have been a UI UX developer at MD Systems, where I used HTML, CSS, and jQuery to direct and design front-end projects from concept to completion. I have experience managing web and interactive communication projects from initial consultation through successful launch and have a proven ability to handle various projects at the same time and complete them by given deadline.
Some highlights of my experience include:
- Heavily involved in every step of application framework redesign, including design in Illustrator, specifications and redlining, creating interactive prototypes in Axure, CSS3 implementation, and usability testing
- Collaborated with developers and designers using Subversion for version control
- Trained designers and developers on creating icon fonts and using them in Axure and Photoshop, then implementing them with HTML5 and CSS3
- Completed UI redesign of website using usability case studies, wireframes, and prototypes to create a fully functional web application
- Designed and developed interactive prototypes and mockups using HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery for future enhancements of the website, then implemented them on the live web platform
- Worked with the development team to correct any UI problems or HTML/CSS issues
- Designed and developed new web 2.0 features to improve UX and modernize the web platform
With my diverse and successful background in UI and UX design, I am uniquely suited to make a big difference to the digital face of your organization. Thank you in advance for your consideration, and I look forward to our conversation.
Fabian G. Montez