UI Developer Cover Letter
UI Developers are responsible for creating the interface that users interact with when they visit websites or use mobile applications. Work activities include designing graphics using Adobe Illustrator, conceptualizing the user-facing layout of websites and mobile applications, exploring solutions to various design problems, testing prototypes from the user’s perspective, Understanding and working within the Microsoft and iOS UI guidelines.
Below are the skills and qualifications typically highlighted in UI Developer cover letters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development or a related field
- Proficiency in Ruby, XHTML, PHP, and AJAX
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of social network APIs
- Logic and reasoning
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
Below is a sample UI Developer cover letter that highlights some of these skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive UI Developer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Gonzalez
Upon learning for your need of a UI Developer, I am writing you in the hope you would consider my resume for review. As someone with a Bachelor’s degree in Web Development and eight years of experience as a UI Developer for Westen Solutions, I feel like I have all of the skills and qualities I need to be an asset to your organization.
My professional experience includes conducting detailed analysis to understand exactly what users need from a given website or application and then conceptualizing features that meet these needs. It is from this professional experience that I have gained the skills necessary to help Broadway Solutions grow and prosper.
The following are some of my most relevant qualifications and achievements:
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in Web Development from Duke University
- Conducted user analysis and developed subsequent application updates for a client that led to a 15 percent increase in downloads
- Conceptualized and created numerous graphics using Adobe Creative Suite
I think what separates me from my competition is my ability to thrive in a collaborative environment. My eight years of experience as a UI Developer has taught me that teamwork is imperative to the development process. I’d love to discuss the opportunity to become a part of the team at Broadway Solutions. If you think I would be a good fit, then please contact me as soon as you get the chance.
Thank you for your consideration.
Alison J. Moore