TV Reporter Cover Letter
TV Reporters research, write, and present news content for television audiences. Reaching out to story contacts, conducting interviews, explaining news concisely and clearly, and monitoring audience feedback are all essential components to success in this field. As well, strong interpersonal and communication talents are a must.
Responsibilities and areas of expertise typically shown on successful cover letters for TV Reporters include:
- Story research
- News writing and editing
- Fact checking
- Information delivery/presentation
- Live and taped interviews
- Networking and relationship building
- Cultural/political/global affairs
- Journalism background
Below is a sample cover letter for a TV Reporter showing similar skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive TV Reporter Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Smith:
When I learned of your search for a seasoned TV Reporter to join your team at KPWX News, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As a dedicated and driven reporter with 12+ years of experience covering news and current events for Q18 News in Evanston, I am confident that I could outperform your expectations for this role and make a dynamic contribution to KPWX.
My background lies in researching and writing stories, appearing on air, and producing engaging coverage that can induce audience attention and invigorate participation and interest in current affairs. With complementary skills in communication, collaboration, and time management, I excel at facilitating all aspects of on-air reporting to ensure superior information delivery.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Strategizing and writing effective, stimulating TV news stories while analyzing audience feedback to ensure optimal viewer experiences; ranked #1 news reporter for Q18 in 2015 and 2016.
- Scheduling and conducting both live and taped interviews, asking tough questions and uncovering facts to promote public awareness and knowledge.
- Maintaining a book of thousands of contacts, leveraging exceptional communication and relationship-building talents to cultivate and grow contact base.
- Consistently elevating corporate image through participation in marketing events, promotional campaigns, and news and story content.
- Maintaining a first-rate level of knowledge and expertise in news topics, current events, and cultural/global affairs.
- Achieving a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism with Honors from the University of Chicago.
With my proven experience in on-air TV reporting of news and information—along with my devotion to encouraging public involvement in cultural and political issues—I am positioned to significantly contribute to your team at KPWX as your newest TV Reporter. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Gregory D. Stanford