Truck Driver Cover Letter
Truck Drivers transport goods on an established route over various distances. The cargo they transport is delivered either to businesses or to residences. Those interested in a Truck Driver position should expect the following job duties: driving the vehicle in a safe manner, keeping the truck in good operating condition, loading and unloading cargo, communicating with dispatchers, selling products, collecting payments, and transporting hazardous cargo according to industry regulations.
The most sought-after Truck Driver skills and qualifications appearing in our cover letter examples include:
- Safe driving skills
- A clean driving record
- A valid commercial driver’s license
- Customer service orientation
- Stamina and resilience
- Being able to work at odd hours
- Time management
- Integrity and reliability
- Good numeracy skills
- Effective communication
Similar assets can be observed in the sample cover letter for Truck Driver provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Truck Driver Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Gelina:
Upon learning of your opening for a Truck Driver, I was anxious to submit my resume for your review. With my solid experience safely transporting and delivering goods from warehouses to retail stores and businesses, combined with my excellent communication skills and overall reliability, I feel confident that I would strongly benefit your team.
From loading and unloading goods and filling out delivery paperwork to minimizing loss / damage and interfacing professionally and courteously with customers, my background has prepared me to excel in this position. With complementary experience using various heavy machinery and equipment—such as pallet jacks and forklifts—my additional time management and customer service abilities will certainly render me an asset to your company.
Highlights of my background include the following:
- Excelling as a truck driver for 13 years for Western Trucking Service, providing top-quality service by loading, transporting, and unloading goods from warehouse to retail stores while ensuring routine truck service and maintenance.
- Keeping a steadfast commitment on safe driving and cargo security to ensure uninterrupted customer service and on-time, accurate deliveries.
- Unblemished driving record; continual focus on adherence to all safety protocols and transportation laws / regulations.
With my previous experience in goods / equipment delivery, coupled with my superb record of safety and dependability, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the position in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Patrick A. Harris