Transcriptionist Cover Letter
Transcriptionists are responsible for transcribing all kinds of data, such as medical or legal, by listening to recorded materials and writing what they hear. Typical job duties of a Transcriptionist include receiving and processing recordings from professionals, typing information, making necessary corrections, delivering accurate documents, returning dictations, and making sure they meet deadlines. These professionals can work in an office or at home and can be employed or work freelance.
Essential job requirements usually seen on a Transcriptionist cover letter example are:
- Excellent listening skills
• Transcribing expertise
• English proficiency
• Accurate and fast typing
• Attention to details
• Time management
• Computer competences
Beneath is provided a cover letter sample for Transcriptionist highlighting comparable skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Transcriptionist Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Corbett:
If you are looking for a detail-focused, highly accurate, and incredibly organized professional to join your team as your new Transcriptionist, I invite you to consider the enclosed resume detailing my experience and skill set. With a solid background in medical transcription and records maintenance—complemented by my recent Associate’s Degree in Medical Transcription—I am confident that I can make a substantial contribution to Mettier Health in this position.
My ability to accurately transcribe a high volume of technically complex dictation positions me to excel in this role. Adept at using the latest voice recognition technology, I excel at transcribing, editing, and reviewing final reports and dictated material with 100% accuracy in spelling, grammar, clarity, and consistency. Furthermore, my strong communication and prioritization skills—as well as my demonstrated expertise in critical thinking and analysis—prepares me to make an immediate and positive impact on your team.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Excelling as a Transcriptionist for the past seven years with Lifeline Health Center in Medford, accurately transcribing and processing up to 265 medical dictations for an office of seven physicians while editing and correcting grammatical and content errors.
- Meticulously transcribing dictation by physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding therapeutic, clinical, and diagnostic consultations and outcomes, interpreting complex language and transcribing it into contextual flow for ease of understanding.
- Possessing a deep knowledge base in comprehensive medical terminology and HIPAA guidelines, and maintaining an extensive list of references pertaining to more complex terms and procedures.
- Providing additional support in patient registration, insurance verification, patient data entry, and electronic health records maintenance.
- Demonstrating superior leadership, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational talents throughout my professional background.
With my strong experience and my keen attention to detail, I am confident that I can make a positive impact on Mettier Heath, and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your needs and my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Laura J. Kelsch