Tour Guide Cover Letter
Tour Guides work on a freelance basis or are employed by hotels, travel guide companies, and cruise lines. Their role is to deliver extensive knowledge about destinations frequented by tourists. Examples of Tour Guide duties include: researching historical facts, memorizing anecdotes, describing places to tourists, guiding groups, providing directions, and answering to tourist inquiries.
Those interested in a Tour Guide career should hold a complex skill set and include in their cover letter the following abilities and competences:
- Knowledge of a foreign language
- Excellent presentation skills
- Time management and multitasking
- A good memory for retaining historical facts
- The ability to interact with people from multiple backgrounds
- Well-grooming and a pleasant appearance
- A friendly and approachable manner
- Enthusiasm and stamina
Beneath is displayed a cover letter sample presenting similar Tour Guide qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Tour Guide Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Shunk:
If you are looking for a personable and engaging leader to join your team as your next Tour Guide, I urge you to review the enclosed resume detailing my background and experience. As an enthusiastic, well-traveled individual with excellent communication skills as well as formal training in tourism, I am sure to make a positive contribution to your organization and ensure outstanding traveler experiences.
My expertise lies in researching destinations, organizing and leading trips, advising travelers on travel options, and translating / interpreting foreign languages. Additionally, my established success in swiftly resolving traveler concerns and issues in stressful and/or unfamiliar environments has prepared me to make a significant and immediate impact on an organization with a global presence such as yours.
The following achievements highlight my qualifications:
- Accompanying tourists visiting foreign countries—including Italy, Germany, Spain, Turkey, Australia, Fiji, France, The Netherlands, China, and Malaysia, among others—and coordinating extensive trips and day excursions to ensure a full taste of foreign culture.
- Identifying and visiting attractions and destinations that are “off the beaten path” to facilitate unique traveler experiences.
- Demonstrating a genuine personal interest and background in foreign travel, a commitment to physical fitness and health, and fluency in multiple languages (French, German, Italian, Spanish, and basic Mandarin).
- Thriving in fast-paced, challenging, and dynamic multicultural environments.
My proven ability to lead impactful foreign destination tours, along with strong interpersonal and time management skills, will contribute immensely to the success of your organization and to the experiences of your travelers. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Sam K. McElrath