Telephone Operator Cover Letter
It is up to Telephone Operators to take incoming calls from customers, vendors and other callers for any type of business. They answer questions about the company, direct calls to appropriate departments and perform basic administrative tasks. Depending on the type of business in which they are employed, Telephone Operators might make appointments, set up delivery schedules or dispatch messages to company personnel. Telephone Operators might also be responsible for answering email inquiries. In addition, they might page specific employees at a customer’s request, greet visitors upon entry to the business and make company announcements regarding special messages or in emergency situations.
In the list below, you will find specific skills and abilities that might commonly be addressed in a Telephone Operator cover letter.
- Knowledge of telephone and telecommunications systems
- Oral communication abilities
- Typing and basic computer skills
- Listening skills
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
Learn how these skills can be discussed in a Telephone Operator cover letter by reviewing the sample provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Telephone Operator Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Hastings:
I am writing at this time to be considered for your Telephone Operator vacancy, which I saw posted recently on your website. I feel that my ten years experience as a Telephone Operator for both large and small companies has allowed to me fully develop the skills you require for this position.
My strongest qualities include a clear and strong speaking voice; exceptional listening skills; above-average organizational skills; and a friendly personality that is essential to this profession. I have successfully handled calls from customers, sales personnel, shipping companies, office equipment vendors, manufacturer representatives and corporate executives.
Also, I possess strong knowledge of Microsoft applications and have the ability to type 65 WPM. I have worked extensively with both PBX and VoIP telephone systems and have handled incoming and outgoing calls for companies with more than 1,500 employees.
Below you will find a brief outline of my professional accomplishments that I feel demonstrate my success in this field and my ability to handle all of the responsibilities associated with your Telephone Operator position:
- Assisted in the upgrade of in-house paging system and telephone equipment for Black Runway Industries to ensure quicker call response times and decrease hold times
- Oversaw three Telephone Operators at the main switchboard station for Chase Hospital Systems
- Managed data records and handled 70+ incoming/outgoing calls on a daily basis for Blue Shango Inc.
- Implemented incoming emergency call plan for Explosion Works
- Awarded Customer Support Award for providing exceptional customer service for all incoming calls from Sidewalker Industries
My ability to multi-task and handle all calls while also fulfilling receptionist and filing responsibilities would be an asset to your company. Furthermore, I have been well-trained in handling emergency calls and respond accordingly in stressful situations.
I welcome the opportunity to discuss these and other qualifications in person. I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your consideration.
Maria M. Perkins