Technical Consultant Cover Letter
A Technical Consultant brings expertise to the design, instruction, or operations of technical solutions to various business problems. Their day to day responsibilities can vary greatly depending on the field in which they work and their particular skill-set, but might include building and organizing sales computer equipment, providing software support, maintaining market IT inventory, and providing general IT troubleshooting.
Some skills that a Technical Consultant would want to demonstrate in a cover letter include:
- Experience in the software development lifecycle and associated processes.
- Knowledge of web-based applications focused on course management, mobile, portals, content management or similar application
- Communication (verbal and written), analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Understanding of bug tracking, versioning and repository systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, specifically Word, Visio, and Excel or compatible productivity software.
Here is an example cover letter that demonstrates how a Technical Consultant applicant can showcase these skills and more to a potential employer.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Technical Consultant Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Mason:
Upon review of your posting for a Technical Consultant at Bering Technologies, I am submitting my resume for your consideration. As an experienced professional with comprehensive experience with technical consulting and software development, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
With extensive experience working in dynamic, fast-paced environments, I excel at interfacing directly with clients to define requirements, draft specifications and implement software solutions. My demonstrated success in meeting expectations—along with my dedication to working as part of a team—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Provided support for broad range of computer hardware and software issues such as system configurations, wireless connections, virus and spyware removal, data migration, software installations and more.
- Provided excellent customer support and technical issue resolution, receiving outstanding reviews for 5 years straight.
- Documented problems accurately and succinctly in the appropriate support tools provided.
With my experience in customer service and technical repair and maintenance skills, I am ready to provide outstanding services to Bering Technologies and surpass your expectations for the role. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Elizabeth N. Hartley