Teachers Assistant Cover Letter
Teachers Assistants provide operational and clerical support to leading teachers. Specific responsibilities of a Teachers Assistant include helping teachers to prepare materials for lessons, monitoring students at arrival and departure time, marking students who arrive late, maintaining grade records, maintaining school equipment, photocopying papers, grading tests, answering to student inquiries, reviewing materials with students in small groups or individually, and organizing extra-curricular activities.
A successful Teachers Assistant cover letter usually focuses on the following job aptitudes:
- Instruction skills
• Administrative abilities
• Organization and planning
• Patience and perseverance
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy
• Supervisory skills
• Classroom management
Below is provided a cover letter sample highlighting relevant skills and qualifications for this job.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Teachers Assistant Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Rodas:
It is with great interest and enthusiasm that I submit the enclosed resume in response to your opening for a Teaching Assistant at Fallwell Middle School. As an accomplished, motivated, and student-centric professional with seven years of excellent experience supporting lead teachers and providing overarching classroom and administrative assistance, I am well prepared to leverage my background and skills to make a positive impact on your students.
From organizing instructional activities and maintaining student records to leading enrichment studies and scoring tests, my extensive skill set is sure to make me an immediate asset to Fallwell. Throughout my professional background, I have earned continual recognition for my strong organization, communication, and leadership skills. Additionally, I am regularly sought out by both teachers and administrators to provide key support on various academic projects requiring focused attention to detail and the ability to engage and connect with diverse personalities to achieve common goals. With these attributes in mind, coupled with my proven capacity to excel in supporting students with special learning needs and challenges, I am confident in my ability to make a positive contribution to your school.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
- Excelling as a Teachers Assistant at Meadowbrook Middle School for the past seven years, supporting teachers in a range of classroom and administrative responsibilities to facilitate class success and student learning improvements.
- Developing student-specific strategies based on individual student’s needs, interests, and abilities to reinforce materials and acquired skills.
- Corrected papers and exams, supervised testing days, and graded make-up assignments.
- Aided in test scoring tasks while recording achievements and diagnostic tests for students with special learning needs.
- Guiding independent study projects, enrichment activities, and remedial work per teachers’ instructions.
- Served as a substitute teacher across grades 6-8 in multiple subjects in the absence of regular teachers.
- Excelling within multitasking environments while maintaining a focus on maximum organization and student enjoyment.
- Earning an Associate’s degree in Education from Holbrook University in 2007.
With my previous teaching assistant experience and commitment to success, I am well prepared to thrive in this position at Fallwell Middle School and exceed your expectations. I look forward to discussing what I can offer in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Lacey G. Nicastro