System Analyst Cover Letter
System Analysts, also known as Systems Analysts, work in the computer department of a company, providing the research and information necessary to maintain an up-to-date computer system. System Analysts’ main responsibility is to make sure that their employers’ computer systems are functioning optimally by examining the hardware and software being employed and suggesting or even designing a new program to better meet the organization’s needs.
A cover letter is a polite way of both introducing yourself to your prospective new employer and thanking them for taking the time to consider you as a candidate. It’s also a great way for an employer to see at a glance whether he or she feels that your skills and experience are right for the role.
System Analyst cover letters often display skills and experiences, like:
- Analyzing, planning, and implementing various aspects of enterprise computing systems
- Identifying discrepancies in service or performance and making recommendations for updates
- Experience with a variety of operating systems
- Ability to implement software and IT solutions on a large-scale and in a fast-paced environment
An example cover letter for a System Analyst that communicates the skills and expertise necessary for the position is shown below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive System Analyst resume samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Julian Stewart:
In response to your referral for System Analyst, it is with great excitement that I present to you my enclosed résumé. Throughout my career, I have had the opportunity to design and implement software and IT systems solutions that have delivered significant impacts to clients worldwide. I possess strong leadership and architectural skills and wide breadth of technical knowledge regarding data center management, Disaster Recovery Operations, software applications development, enterprise technology, and large scale, global IT program management. I have a strong background in server management, systems integration, and client management. Now I would like to bring my unique IT and operations background to serve your company.
My unique background offers expertise on both the business side and technology side of the organization, resulting in the ability to clearly communicate with business partners to identify and resolve process gaps, leading to increased performance. Technology simplification and consolidation is the cornerstone of my approach. I have proven success implementing cost savings up to $3M, while maintaining a stable and robust technology infrastructure.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Led large-scale, multi-year tape encryption project for distributed systems environment comprised of over 6500 backup clients and 220TB daily backup, preventing data loss, which can lead to personal identity theft.
- Administered $7M professional services and education budget, ensured all projects met or exceeded budget metrics. Successfully delivered 100% of projects to plan and within budget guidelines.
- Identified and implemented $3M annual cost savings through project standardization and consolidation, resulting in more streamlined and productive workflow.
- Established process improvements in order to increase efficiency and cost savings.
- Broke through organizational challenges and developed OS standards for Solaris, UNIX, and AIX technical services groups, achieving increased efficiency through standardization.
Your company will benefit from my expertise as a dynamic leader with a track record of success in identifying improvement opportunities, developing innovative solutions, and leveraging technology to optimize profitability and performance. My demonstrated strengths in relationship management and my broad technical knowledge have facilitated my sustained success.
I am confident in my ability to make an immediate and long-term contribution to your company and would welcome an opportunity to meet with you to discuss my qualifications and candidacy in further detail.