Swim Instructor Cover Letter
Swim Instructors teach students of all ages in basic water entry, technique and stroke proficiency, and water safety. Creating lesson plans, drawing on more interactive activities and games, easing anxieties and fears when necessary, and encouraging the enjoyment of water-based activities and hobbies are all important components of success in this role.
Sample cover letters for Swim Instructors often include the following skills and qualifications:
- Lesson planning
- Student evaluation
- Water safety
- Participant records
- Stroke refinement
- Client service
A cover letter for a Swim Instructor demonstrating relevant abilities and qualifications is shown below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Swim Instructor Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Sperry:
Please accept the enclosed resume in regard to your opening for a Swim Instructor with the Ferndale Public Pool. With my experience teaching both children and adults about water safety and technique/stroke refinement—as well as my sincere enthusiasm for promoting lifelong enjoyment of water exercise and sports—I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your facility in this role.
From developing lesson plans and evaluating each student’s skill level to engaging participants and alleviating anxieties or fears, my background in swim instruction with the Patricia Hanley Aquatic Center has prepared me to excel in this role. With an inherent passion for helping swimming students to achieve full comfort and safety in water, my additional strengths in communication and organization position me ready to thrive as your next Swim Instructor.
Highlights of my background include the following:
- Teaching students from infants all the way up to older adults at all levels of ability, from basic water entry to advanced strokes, as a Swim Instructor for the past six years while maintaining consistency with the American Red Cross Learn-To-Swim standards.
- Redeveloping and implementing new and innovative instructional techniques to include more interactive activities and games, encouraging student participation and enhancing overall swimmer experiences.
- Boosting swim lesson revenue at the Patricia Hanley Aquatic Center by 37% due to word-of-mouth referrals and recommendations.
- Assessing swimmers’ progression and modifying classes according to results.
- Excelling in both public (group) and private lesson settings.
- Certified in CPR, basic first aid, and water rescue.
With my solid experience in swim instruction, coupled with my dedication and friendly personality, I am confident that I could quickly outperform your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Kendra A. Harrington