Surgical Technologist Cover Letter
Surgical Technologists play a vital role in operating rooms as they assist surgeons during procedures. Examples of Surgical Technologist duties include collaborating with medical staff, disinfecting instruments and equipment, preparing patients for surgery, positioning patients on the operating table, monitoring vital signs, observing changes in patient status, passing surgical equipment, dressing patient wounds, sending specimens to the lab for tests, taking patients back to their rooms, and preparing the operating room for the next procedure.
Those interested in a Surgical Technologist position should mention the following skills and qualifications in their cover letters:
- Medical teamwork
- Training in surgery technology and anesthesiology
- Physical stamina
- Stress management and being able to work under pressure
- Attention to details
- Effective communication
- Bedside manners
Beneath is displayed a sample cover letter for Surgical Technologist demonstrating comparable skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Surgical Technologist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Morales:
When I learned of your posting for a Surgical Technologist, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an educated and skilled professional with comprehensive abilities in facilitating pre-operative patient care, I will make a significant impact as a member of your team.
My background includes experience performing all facets of CST work while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail. With solid team collaboration and communication skills, along with dedication to providing optimal patient care and support, I am positioned to excel in this role.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Serving as a Surgical Technologist in 140+ surgeries encompassing General, OB/GYN, Orthopedic, Labor & Delivery, Urology, Neurology, and ENT.
- Ensuring seamless surgical procedures by preparing sterile instrumentation and rooms, inspecting and testing equipment, draping/gowning/gloving, positioning patients, anticipating surgeon and staff needs, and coordinating after-care tasks.
- Possessing outstanding interpersonal skills to foster a cohesive and collaborative team environment and maintain healthy relationships with peers, staff, surgeons, and patients.
With my solid knowledge of surgical technologist responsibilities, along with my commitment to superior patient care, I am prepared to exceed your expectations in this challenging role and I look forward to discussing the position in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Theresa M. Schmidt