Support Technician Cover Letter
Support technicians provide comprehensive user support and service for IT/technical concerns and projects. Common work tasks encompass setting up equipment and systems, troubleshooting bugs, and ensuring seamless and efficient performance from all technical tools. Expertise in technological hardware, software, systems, and networks is required. Individuals in this position should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to interact professionally and courteously with customers.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- User training and support
- System configuration, deployment, and administration
- Software and hardware installation
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Customer service
- On-site and remote support
- Email account support
- Virus removal
- Team collaboration
- Problem-solving and issue resolution
Please find a sample cover letter for a support technician below highlighting relevant abilities and qualifications.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Hernandez:
Upon review of your posting for a support technician, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. With my experience in IT user support and system administration, as well as my demonstrated strengths in team collaboration and problem-solving, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your company.
With a broad range of computer and system proficiencies, my proven technical aptitude as well as my solid analytical abilities position me to thrive in this challenging role. My most recent experience in IT administration and help desk support for Synergism Inc. has provided me with core strengths in technical needs analysis, server and network administration, and general IT support.
Highlights of my background include:
- Strong knowledge base in IT system administration, quickly resolving customer help desk, hardware/software, network, and system concerns
- Provided both on-site and remote customer support on issues including virus removal, diagnostics, hardware installation and support, email and user accounts, server implementation, domain migration, network printers, software installation, and system configuration and deployment
- Keen aptitude for technology programs and solutions; proficient in a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Visual Basic, Dreamweaver, Track-It, Fireworks, and PL/SQL
- AAS in network administration along with polished communication, problem-solving, and organizational talents
With my experience in IT system management and support, coupled with my superior interpersonal skills and my commitment to technical excellence, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Teresa J. Lewis