Supervisor Cover Letter
Supervisors are found in a variety of industries – their main role is coordinating staff and establishing their workload. This job is suitable for people who are good motivators and know how to prioritize tasks. Typical Supervisor duties include: planning shifts, assigning tasks, determining suitable workloads, handling employee conflicts, doing paperwork, handling employee appraisal, and adhering to industry regulations. They also need to identify training needs and coach staff.
A sample cover letter for Supervisor should emphasize the following qualifications:
- Leadership and the ability to inspire people
- Professionalism and responsibility
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Being able to stay calm at stressful situations
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Record keeping
- Computer competences
- Decision-making and prioritization
Comparable Supervisor qualifications can be seen in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Supervisor Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Solt:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Supervisor position you have available at Central Station, Inc. As a goal-focused and successful people manager and leader with extensive experience driving superior employee performances to optimize corporate profitability and productivity, I possess a wide range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My expertise lies in training and developing employees, resolving staff concerns and conflicts, scheduling work hours and shifts, and managing strategic staff allocation to maximize efficiency. Through my experience, I have become adept in overseeing a wide variety of corresponding operational responsibilities to ensure outstanding workforce readiness and customer service excellence.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Excelling in positions of increasing responsibility during tenure with A.F. Brown & Co., culminating in most recent position as Staff Supervisor with full responsibility for hiring, training, evaluating, mentoring, and managing 40 customer-facing employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Directing all aspects of staff development and management—including leadership development and coaching—to encourage progressive professional development and stimulate top-flight team performance.
- Realizing consistent improvements in productivity, performance, and employee relations through effective relationship management, problem-solving, and communication abilities.
My proven dedication to optimizing operational success and workforce management, along with my acute ability to provide an exceptional level of customer service and support, will contribute immensely to the success of Central Station. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Jerry D. Watt