Student Worker Cover Letter
Student Workers work in varying capacities – usually for academic departments or facilities – while simultaneously studying at the same establishment. Work activities can range from providing administrative support to offering hands-on assistance in research and laboratory tasks, to directly assisting students with their responsibilities. A solid academic record and the ability to maintain a strong academic standing while employed is required.
Sample cover letters for Student Workers often mention the following types of skills and areas of strength:
- Student/faculty support
- Filing and data entry
- Mail sorting and distribution
- Typing, scanning, copying
- Basic equipment maintenance
- Supply orders/stocking
- Customer service
- Student communications
A cover letter for a Student Worker is shown below, including similar qualifications and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Student Worker Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Dr. Callahan:
When I learned of your department’s need for a Student Worker for the upcoming academic year, I was eager to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As a dedicated and enthusiastic student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in English, I am confident that I could exceed your expectations for this role.
With strong abilities in organization, student support, and various computer programs, I am poised to excel at providing first-rate assistance in your office. I am able to balance multiple priorities at any given time, rendering me an excellent candidate for this work-study position. Furthermore, my proven success in both independent and team-oriented environments prepares me to make a significant impact in this capacity.
My experience and qualifications include the following:
- Previous part-time experience in an administrative support role with PTI Imaging, offering assistance with data entry, correspondence, mail sorting, phone calls, supplies management/ordering, scanning/copying and equipment maintenance.
- Maintaining a stellar academic record for the past two years here at Lehigh University; current GPA of 3.84 with a 4.0 GPA in my English classes.
- Specialized academic interest and focus in the 1920s literary period, making me an excellent candidate for assisting your specific office and the students that it serves.
- Able to assist and respond to all student and faculty inquiries in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop and InDesign; and various social media tools.
- Leveraging excellent self-motivation and prioritization talents to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
With my administrative support experience and my strong academic record, combined with my inherent interpersonal and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service to your department as your next Student Worker. I look forward to discussing the position with you in more detail.
Thank you very much for your consideration.
Nicole R. Dawkins