Staff Accountant Cover Letter
Staff Accountants manage financial information and analyze accounts in a variety of organizations. Main Staff Accountant duties include preparing financial statements, providing telephone support, analyzing budgets, handling general bookkeeping, managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, preparing tax returns, reconciling accounts, answering accounting questions, and implementing accounting procedures. In order to protect organization value, these professionals need to keep accounting information confidential.
A sample cover letter for Staff Accountant should make display of the following qualities:
- Accounting and financial expertise
- Business acumen
- Deadline orientation and time management
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer proficiency
- Good math skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
A cover letter example for Staff Accountant emphasizing comparable qualifications is visible below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Staff Accountant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Hartley:
When I learned of HighStreet’s need for a Staff Accountant, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an analytical and experienced accountant with extensive experience performing comprehensive accounting responsibilities, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From performing accounts receivable functions and reconciling accounts to analyzing credit worthiness and performing daily collections, I excel in strategically managing all aspects of accounting concerns. My demonstrated success—along with my expertise in adhering to regulatory and policy guidelines—prepares me to make a significant and positive impact on your organization.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Accurately and expeditiously performing financial report generation, invoicing, collections, and general ledger / subledger processes while providing a superior level of customer service and support to realize optimal financial performance.
- Earning multiple promotions throughout career tenure in recognition of superior performances.
- Excelling within time-sensitive, fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and motivating teams to achieve maximum productivity.
With my experience in general accounting operations, combined with my inherent interpersonal and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing how I am prepared to make a strong contribution in this role. Thank you for your consideration.