Software Interns are full-time or part-time students or recent graduates majoring in a software-related discipline and gaining hands-on experience in the field. Essential job duties of a Software Intern include collaborating with other members of the IT team, writing HTML and CSS code for new software products, testing functionality of web applications, mapping out project milestones, writing technical specifications, providing support to senior staff, and completing other tasks as assigned by managers.
A typical cover letter sample for a Software Intern should highlight at least some of the following job assets:
· Having completed some years of college in an area such as information technology or computer science
· Able to follow verbal and written instructions
· Willingness to learn new things
· Organizational skills
· Time management and ability to meet deadlines
Below you will find an example cover letter demonstrating similar Software Intern skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Software Intern Resume Samples
Dear Mr. Trang:
It is with great interest that I submit to you the enclosed resume in the hopes of securing an internship role at SmartStop. As a current Computer Science student at the Orlando Institute of Technology with growing knowledge of software usage and development—complemented by my team collaboration and project management abilities—I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization as your next IT Intern.
Highlights of my background include:
· Demonstrating an aptitude for the development of software solutions; participating in a highly-regarded educational program to achieve my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (expected 06/2018).
· Achieving extensive knowledge in using HTML5 and CSS3 to code a variety of web functions to meet various user needs. Comfortable on both Mac and PC platforms.
· Utilizing polished organizational, problem-solving, and team-working abilities to propel projects and teams to peak results in educational and workplace environments
With my academic-based experience in software development, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to creating useful and beautiful software products, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations as an intern at SmartStop. Thank you for your consideration, I look forward to discussing this opportunity with you in further detail.
Marshall T. Rosania