Software Engineer Cover Letter
Software Engineers design, develop and install software for commercial or customer use. Essential job duties of a Software Engineer include analyzing development issues, designing system specifications and standards, communicating with users to identify areas that need improvement, conducting systems analysis and creating solutions for any problems the development team may come across.
Our library of sample cover letters for Software Engineers usually mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in software, math, computers or science
- Certification in a specific area of expertise
- Extensive and up-to-date programming knowledge
- Familiarity with one or more core programming languages
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Ability to multitask
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
The cover letter below showcases similar skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Software Engineer Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Farias:
I am submitting my resume for the position of Software Engineer. With a bachelor’s degree in computer science, more than 4 years of experience designing and implementing software and numerous voluntary certifications, I am confident that I would be a strong asset to Trinity Technologies.
My professional experience includes overseeing team projects, designing software, analyzing data and solving complex problems on a daily basis to ensure a high level of quality for the software I help to create. I have been involved in several major software releases, and have learned that in order for a software release to be successful, the development team’s raw technical skill must also be accompanied by efficient coordination and open communication.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Stanford University
- Progressed through consecutive positions as a Trainee, Junior Developer and Technical Team Leader with increasing levels of responsibility
- Became certified as an Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Project Management Professional (PMP) and Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- Participated in two successful software releases as a Junior Developer
- Led three successful software releases as a Technical Team Leader
- Increased team efficiency and reduced wasted time by learning and implementing Agile methodologies which were later adopted company-wide
I hope to bring my passion for extraordinary software, knack for problem-solving and superior communication skills to the Trinity Technologies team.
Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to speaking with you further about this opportunity.
Michelle G. Carney