Social Worker Cover Letter
Social Workers assist vulnerable groups and protect them from harm. Groups they work with include young offenders, seniors, disabled people, homeless people, substance abusers, and school non-attenders. Essential responsibilities of a Social Worker are interviewing people and their families, easing access to community resources, providing emotional support, referring individuals to other agencies and professionals, maintaining records, and giving evidence in court.
Sample cover letters for Social Worker put emphasis on the following qualities:
- Strong communication and listening skills
- The ability to interact with all sorts of people
- Flexibility and multitasking
- Resilience to stress and stamina
- Being able to stay calm in stressful situations
- Negotiation and networking abilities
- Computer literacy
Below appears an example cover letter for Social Worker showcasing similar skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Social Worker Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Williams:
When I learned of your need for a Social Worker, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. My experience coordinating and supporting various social work programs gives me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your agency.
From providing transitional advice to at-need individuals and families to developing and establishing various programs, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. My ability to connect with patients and establish trusting relationships, along with my strong communication and leadership capabilities, position me to thrive in this position.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Providing vital support to at-risk clients, assessing needs, developing treatment plans, counseling on significant transitions, coordinating with ancillary treatment providers, and completing required case documentation.
- Offering on-call 24/7 crisis intervention services, interacting with individuals from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Coordinating illness-related support groups—including those for cancer, early dementia, and diabetic patients—to encourage open communication and support.
- Utilizing superior organizational and interpersonal abilities to provide solutions and support in difficult and stressful situations.
- Possessing a Master’s degree in Psychology and Social Work from Nottingham State College; professional training in Managing and Adapting Therapy (MAP), Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), suicide prevention, substance abuse, and HIV/AIDS education.
With my dynamic experience in social work and my dedication to providing critical assistance to individuals in need, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in further detail would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration.
Henrietta B. Griffon