Social Studies Teacher Cover Letter
Social Studies Teachers are usually found at the secondary level, teaching concepts such as history, current events, economics, government, and civic ideals. Typical job duties of a Social Studies Teacher are planning lessons, leading classroom activities, assigning homework, grading tests, answering to student inquiries, preparing students for standardized tests, and joining students during extra-curricular activities.
Those interested in a Social Studies Teacher career should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Teaching skills
- The ability to motivate students
- Classroom control
- Computer competences
- Supervisory skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Organization and planning
Beneath is displayed a sample cover letter highlighting similar Social Studies Teacher skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Social Studies Teacher Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. North:
As a motivated and organized teacher with experience in coordinating education programs and leveraging outstanding communication and leadership skills to drive student success, I am pleased to present the enclosed CV. You will find my dedication and enthusiastic attitude to be of value to your school as your next Social Studies Teacher.
My 14-year background in developing strategic learning programs to facilitate education and subject comprehension has prepared me to make significant contributions to Redmond High School in this position. With my expertise in assessing student needs, designing and customizing programs, and communicating across multifunctional groups, I am prepared to excel in performing a wide range of functions to propel student achievements and engagement.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Leading classes of up to 35 students in grades 9-12 in the subjects of economics, history, politics, and civic ideals; preparing curriculum, assigning papers and exams, supervising classroom activities, and designing tailored lessons to ensure optimal comprehension as well as subject interest and retention.
- Planning and implementing inquiry-based lessons to meet Common Core standards as well as Iowa State standards; integrated Reader’s Workshop and Writer’s Workshop into weekly lessons.
- Incorporating real-world components—such as field trips and guest speakers—into standardized materials and lesson plans to enrich student experiences and encourage more relevant and topical student discussions, both in and out of the classroom.
- Assisting in the AP and IB testing procedures, data collection, and proctoring.
- Participating in cross-departmental meetings and conferences while maintaining open and steady communications with management, peers, and the larger community.
My skills in classroom leadership, student instruction, and curriculum design and implementation have been finely honed throughout my teaching career, and I am confident that my subject matter expertise will render me an immediate asset to your faculty at Redmond High School. It will be a pleasure to offer more insight into my qualifications, and I look forward to meeting with you soon.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Laura W. Edwards