Social Media Specialist Cover Letter
Social Media Specialists support a company’s marketing and communication strategies by interacting with audiences on social networks. Essential duties of a Social Media Specialist include developing social media strategies, creating fresh content, updating company pages, moderating user-generated content, implementing SEO strategies, providing customer service, and reporting to senior managers.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Social Media Specialists, the ideal candidate for this position should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Marketing and communication expertise
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of digital and social media management tools
- Analytical thinking
- Customer service orientation
- Multitasking and being able to work under pressure
- Attention to details
Below is presented an example cover letter suitable for a Social Media Specialist job opening and emphasizing relevant skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Social Media Specialist Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Smith:
When I learned of your need for a driven and highly skilled Social Media Specialist to join your team, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As a savvy marketing professional with a comprehensive knowledge of diverse social media channels and strategies and more than six years of experience, I am well prepared to make a significant impact on your organization in this role.
My expertise lies in overseeing all facets of companies’ social media activity and presence to propel brand awareness, exposure, and messaging. From sharing content and analyzing metrics to preparing updates and increasing SEO, my experience can be leveraged to enable successful marketing and online communications strategies for your company. Furthermore, I excel at collaborating with efficient and creative marketing teams and implementing forward-thinking strategies and concepts to create and sustain revenue growth.
The following are just some of the highlights of my qualifications:
- Oversaw social media content management and strategy for high-profile companies—including PMJ Apparel and Fortuna Books—while working effectively and collaboratively with bloggers, fans, designers, and key influencers to propel corporate presence and customer engagement.
- Surpassed Pinterest’s annual follower acquisition goal by 980% as Social Media Manager for PMJ Apparel; delivered 1.5M impressions for new leisure-line product launch.
- Strategized and executed promotional materials, product launches, and social media contests utilizing tech programs such as Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Shoutlet, and Curalate.
- Generated weekly reports on social media presence, engagement, and effectiveness across all platforms to evaluate and boost overall impact and performance.
- Invigorated corporate brand identities through proven and innovative social media strategies designed to incorporate company values and talents.
- Demonstrated outstanding communicating, content editing, and time management talents; hold a Bachelor of Arts in Marketing from Montana State University.
Considering my proven talent for driving ambitious social media marketing initiatives—combined with my ability to motivate teams and encourage loyal customer relationships—I am well positioned to immensely benefit your company.
I look forward to discussing the position further with you. Thank you for your consideration.
Christopher J. Hall