Shop Assistant Cover Letter
Sales Assistants are employed by department stores, fashion stores, and supermarkets to serve and advise customers. This job requires little formal qualifications, as the ability to work efficiently with people is more important. Common job duties of a Sales Assistant include: greeting customers, answering to inquiries, demonstrating product features, checking stocks and prices, closing sales, collecting payments, arranging displays, and handling customer complaints.
Those interested in a Sales Assistant career should be able to showcase the following qualifications in the cover letters:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal abilities
- Honesty and reliability
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Stamina and the ability to work in a standing position for hours
- A friendly manner
- Basic computer skills
- Good numeracy skills for handling cash and checking stocks
Comparable Sales Assistant skills and experience are visible in the cover letter example displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Shop Assistant Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Soltis:
Upon learning of your posting for a Shop Assistant, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and personable professional with experience in retail sales, merchandising efforts, and customer service, I feel confident that I would be a valuable asset to your team at Windmill Books & Gifts.
My experience lies in organizing inventories and maintaining stock levels, assisting customers with selection and sales, and managing register operations in customer-centric retail establishments. With strong inner motivation and inner resilience in stressful situations, I excel at assessing customer needs, offering product recommendations, and ensuring outstanding customer service.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Excelling as an assistant for a local stationary store in Fairfax, holding responsibility for a $750 cash bank with total daily sales reaching upwards of $1,800.
- Received comprehensive shop training, enabling assumption of responsibility for daily business operations when regular manager was on vacation.
- Proven dedication to providing outstanding customer service, resulting in solid customer loyalty and satisfaction.
With my demonstrated experience in retail shop operations and sales, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to your team at Windmill Books & Gifts. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Marion W. Durritt