Shipping Clerk Cover Letter
Shipping Clerks work in warehouse environments and are responsible for handling merchandise shipments. Essential job duties of a Shipping Clerk include checking items in every shipment, identifying defective items, adhering to packaging procedures, applying labels, processing customer orders, introducing transaction data in the company database, maintaining the working area clean and organized, operating forklifts, shipping finished goods, and organizing storage areas.
Successful cover letter samples for Shipping Clerk usually mention skills and abilities like:
- Organization and planning
- Knowledge of warehouse operations
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer competences
- Being able to work under pressure
- Effective communication
- Attention to safety
Those interested in a Shipping Clerk job can check relevant skills and experience in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Shipping Clerk Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Duff:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Shipping Clerk position you have available. As a skilled, organized, and detail-oriented professional with seven years of experience coordinating outgoing merchandise, materials, and general operations, I possess a wide range of knowledge and skills that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company in this role.
My backgrounds includes weighing packages, determining the most cost-effective shipping methods, arranging for shipping pickup, estimating costs, packaging and securing merchandise for shipment, and updating records. Through my experience, I have become adept at ensuring adherence to organizational goals and requirements while facilitating streamlined shipping operations and maximizing accuracy and efficiency.
A few highlights of my professional qualifications include…
- Organizing all facets of merchandise shipments as a Shipping Clerk with Limited Industries, examining shipment contents, recording weights and other shipment data, and comparing with manifests and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Successfully coordinating more than 130 shipments per day.
- Preparing detailed documents including bills of lading and shipping orders.
- Contacting carrier representatives to issue instructions and make arrangements for order shipments.
- Assisting with staff training and leadership tasks to stimulate top-flight team performance.
My proven ability to optimize shipping efficiency and success, along with my dedication to providing an exceptional level of customer service and satisfaction, will contribute immensely to the success of Windfarm Industries. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Terrence E. Stirling